Game crash

Ntr1cate
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Something is causing my game to crash after running it for a while, I have tried repeatedly (about 5-7 times again and again and it just continues to crash).

There isn't a black hole, there isn't a recent crash report.

The only thing that is different from my usual game play style since the crash started is running several red alerts on my compost setup to complete the "Job Suitability" achievement.

(Edit: I found a crash report in windows concerning oxygen not included:

Source
OxygenNotIncluded.exe

Summary
Stopped working

Date
‎1/‎09/‎2021 9:40 PM

Status
Report sent

Description
Faulting Application Path:    E:\Steam games\steamapps\common\OxygenNotIncluded\OxygenNotIncluded.exe

Problem signature
Problem Event Name:    BEX64
Application Name:    OxygenNotIncluded.exe
Application Version:    2020.3.11.51119
Application Timestamp:    60ace307
Fault Module Name:    SimDLL.dll
Fault Module Version:    0.0.0.0
Fault Module Timestamp:    6129653c
Exception Offset:    000000000006bf7b
Exception Code:    c0000409
Exception Data:    0000000000000005
OS Version:    10.0.19042.2.0.0.768.101
Locale ID:    3081
Additional Information 1:    f6da
Additional Information 2:    f6da91dc8216061460eabf6de0658d03
Additional Information 3:    05a1
Additional Information 4:    05a16e6b5fa5c99cbb4008a065b4177c

Extra information about the problem
Bucket ID:    cdab80bcbf07bf44d695149d8aca2bcd (1627229507235228621))

Steps to Reproduce

Run the game anywhere from a few seconds to 3 cycle without doing anything else (don't issue duplicant commands other than what is already present) and then the game will crash at some random point

(If your gonna run my sav file, turn off ingames sound because the red alerts are anouying)

Dupelication of the Duplicant +.sav

User Feedback

8 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Did you compost any mutant seeds by any chance....?

no mutants, sorry I forgot to mention this is on vanilla.

Share this comment

Ooops... I should apologize .. for guessing randomly :hopelessness: (I've see too much of the compost crash bug lately but this bug it's completely unrelated to that)

Yellow alerts isn't the thing that's crashing it either (I disabled them the moment the save opened)

It run 1.5 cycles the first time (I was confused why there was no save...) and ~5 cycle the second time (I enables saves 1/cycles instead of 1/5 cycles). I did see RAM rise above 9GB the second time but I wasn't watching how high it got just before crashing. Yes, it crashed with a "the program is not responding" warning from windows and no black hole or crash dmp file.

Spoiler

Log files:

1st time ~1.5 cycles of play, save every 5 cycles Player-prev.log

2nd time ~5 cycles of play, save every cycle Player.log

• Big Ups 1

Share this comment

3 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Ooops... I should apologize .. for guessing randomly :hopelessness: (I've see too much of the compost crash bug lately but this bug it's completely unrelated to that)

Yellow alerts isn't the thing that's crashing it either (I disabled them the moment the save opened)

It run 1.5 cycles the first time (I was confused why there was no save...) and ~5 cycle the second time (I enables saves 1/cycles instead of 1/5 cycles). I did see RAM rise above 9GB the second time but I wasn't watching how high it got just before crashing. Yes, it crashed with a "the program is not responding" warning from windows and no black hole or crash dmp file.

Hide contents

Log files:

1st time ~1.5 cycles of play, save every 5 cycles Player-prev.log

2nd time ~5 cycles of play, save every cycle Player.log

I didn't even get a "this program is not responding" so it sounds like windows likes your system better than mine.

Also many thanks for testing it yourself, hopefully the dev's can use your logs too to assist with finding the problem.

If the ram is bumping up for what ever reason, then that might explain the straight up crash since that would be windows forcing the closure instead of the game so it might be perhaps a memory leak or something.

• Like 1

Share this comment