game crash a few seconds after clicking anything on main menu

Ahsheetmapantz
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

since the expressions update the game will either crash a few seconds after clicking any tab in main menu and some times it doesn't make it that far. The game was working perfectly fine prior to the update, i have check for windows updates, video driver updates and its all up to date, i have also uninstalled the game and deleted all remaining files in both the steam folder and in my docs. There is no output_log.txt or any files under save_files.

DxDiag.txt

Steps to Reproduce
launch game, click tab on main screen

User Feedback

Hi, sorry the game isn't working for you. We upgraded Unity as part of this update for a variety of reasons and this has changed where the log is now located.

If you follow the updated directions on this page to get the log file hopefully it will have something to point the way for us:

http://support.kleientertainment.com/customer/portal/articles/2744766-logs-and-useful-information-for-bug-reports

Share this comment

here is the output_log

after trying a few things if i let the game sit at the main screen for a couple minutes it will go as far as the dupe selection screen but that's as far as i have been able to get it then i crashes again with no errors or crash pop ups

output_log.txt

Share this comment

Could you please check your Oxygen Not Included folder(the folder with OxygenNotIncluded.exe) and see if there's any .dmp files? If there are, could you please upload one of those?

Share this comment

there aren't any .dmp files.

i tried running the OxygenNotIncluded.exe as admin and it says another instance is already running, i restarted and tried it again without trying to launch the game from steam i checked the task manager and there is no other instance of the game running

Edited by Ahsheetmapantz

Share this comment

Can you open up windows explorer and in the address bar copy and paste the following line and then hit enter:

%APPDATA%\..\Local\Temp\Klei\Oxygen Not Included\Crashes

Hopefully there are folders there from today (2018-07-27-*) and inside any of them there should be a DMP file. If so, can you pass that along?

Share this comment

no results when searching for that. i went to the temp folder and there isn't a KLEI folder.

Iv read in a couple of older posts about c++ run-time 2015 errors being an issue in the past, my PC don't have 2015 installed i have 2012 and 2017, it hasn't been an issue in the past,  but i was wondering if that could be causing an issue now with the new unity update?

Share this comment

Ahsheetmapantz: Unfortunately, the log file doesn't have any information about what's crashing so without something to give more information (like a DMP) file I'm really not sure what's causing the issue. Our upgrade to the latest Unity also upgrade to VS2017 you shouldn't need the 2015 runtime.

Menyetes: Your issue may be completely unrelated to the original post but your DMP files shows the crash coming from steamclient64.dll with a privileged instruction exception. I'm not sure what would cause it but I might try downloading the steam client again and re-installing.

Share this comment

what ever the issue was it was fixed when the hotfix to version 279899 was downloaded, i have had no issues with the games since then.

thanks to everyone for trying to help me fix the issue

Share this comment