Freezing Volcano Bug Persisting in Fast Friends

Universal Set
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

It seems that the volcano output causing nearby things (specifically water) to freeze is persisting in Fast Friends.

I'm attaching two saves: (1) the save of right after I noticed the issue, (2) the autosave from the beginning of the cycle, before the issue occurred.

I tried loading up the autosave and rerunning that cycle and the issue reoccurred so it is probably reproducible.  The culprit is the gold volcano at the right side of the map on the radioactive forest planetoid.   The issue occurred at the first eruption from the cycle 195 autosave (which is also the first time the volcano has been exposed in order to actually erupt).  I doubt it's relevant but I had a dupe analyzing the volcano and cancelled analysis while the volcano had pressure rising before it erupted.

Only mods active are QoL and shouldn't affect this: bigger camera zoom out, build over plants, show building ranges, falling sand, pliers fixed, material colored tiles and more, material selection properties, and automatic geyser calculation.  I may try again after disabling mods and see if it still occurs.

Chaotic Friends (after noticing bug).sav Chaotic Friends Cycle 195.sav

Steps to Reproduce

Load the cycle 195 save attached above.  Watch the gold volcano at the right of the forest planetoid (maybe have to cancel analysis to make sure there's no dupe there). 

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Update: I just tried it with disabling all mods and the issue still occurred, so presumably no mod gremilns are involved.

Share this comment