Food spoilage because dups eat random-age food

Misca
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

With the Breath of Fresh Air update, food spoilage has become a major problem in the game.  Not only does food kept in a refrigerator, in a sterile environment still spoil (contrary to the release notes), but my duplicants seem to take random-aged food from the fridge, adding to the problem.  In my most recent colony, I have tried creating only 1 fridge, powered, and located deep in CO2 territory, and I maintain just enough mushroom plants to keep up with food demand, so as long as food was eaten in a first-in-first-out fashion, there should never be spoilage, yet there's the alert...  Again and again...  Food has decayed.  What food?  Well, Fried Mushrooms, of course.

Since there is no way to force duplicants to eat the oldest food first, I am calling this a defect.  Please implement a policy where the oldest food in the fridge that the dup goes to, gets taken first.  And if you can extend that to the oldest food in all fridges, that would be even better, but for now I'm keeping my expectations low...

Steps to Reproduce

Put the same type of food of varying age in a fridge.  Watch what gets taken, and what rots.

• Like 1

User Feedback