Food seemingly rotting even though fridges are powered

selereth
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

There is some very suspicious behaviour going on with the fridges. I am occasionally getting reports of food having rotted even though all of my edible food is stored in two powered fridges. The food gets put in at 90%+ freshness all the time so there is literally no reason why any of it should be rotting. Food doesn't get left on the ground in such large quantities. I've attached a couple of photos attempting to highlight the absurdity of this situation.

The cycle has just started and food has already rotted?? What? It's stored in fridges where the rest of the food is 90%+, none of my food was close to rotting.

This bug is what cause a large portion of my stuffed berries in my last colony to suddenly rot without warning even though their freshness was still very high, nowhere close to 0%. 

20180617163630_1.jpg

20180617163636_1.jpg

20180617163642_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Put food in a fridge and monitor it, make sure the fridge stays powered. It will mysteriously rot after a certain while.

User Feedback

3 hours ago, SlowMaybe said:

where does the rot appear at?

Well that's where the glitch comes into play. The game seemingly indicates that food has rotted even though there's no physical manifestation of the numbers. It's like food has just vanished into thin air, and the game's explanation for it is that it has "rotted".

Share this comment

I think you need to catch the moment food disappears from your fridge. I can't really tell anything from those screenshots.

Share this comment