Food Poisoning....help

Iceacesis
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Known Issue

I'm playing the oil preview game play, and I've noticed my dups getting food poisoning a lot easier/faster, I'll start a new map/game and by cycle 3 all the dups have gotten sick by this point and I have to bring in another dup to do all the work, then the new dup gets sick after cycle 4. Then all my dups are sick with no way to revive them until another dup is ready for print. I've checked my ration box for germs there aren't any, I've watched all my dups wash their hands after the bathroom, and yet they still get sick. Then the most frustrating part is that the dups will stand up, walk over toward your water, or stairs, stay there and vomit all in/on/around it, then I have polluted water, at the very beginning of the game. Also, my dups are eating more rations while they are still sick, wouldn't you think they wouldn't want to touch any food until afterwards? 

Steps to Reproduce
I'm not sure, because it seems I'm the only one having this issue.

User Feedback

Thank you for your quick reply! Would it also be possible to get the .sav file from \Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\save_files where this is happening? Thanks!

Share this comment

So, I just started a new game just to see if I did something wrong and already by cycle 2 my dups have contracted food poisoning, I even put a wash basin next to the ration box to make sure they were clean before getting food. There is no polluted water or polluted oxygen anywhere.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Iceacesis said:

I gave you the save files from cycle 4-7 since those are the most recent.

Thanks.

The Happy Dwelling Cycle 4.sav

The Happy Dwelling Cycle 5.sav

The Happy Dwelling Cycle 6.sav

The Happy Dwelling Cycle 7.sav

I couldn't help but look at your cycle 5. I don't know how it started but I can guess that it ends very badly, lol.  Your sinks were entombed, you're now using germy water for the wash basins - your dupes will never be able to clean their hands, in fact, I wouldn't be surprised if they actually get germs from the sink instead if you continued on with it - always protect the water reservoir. Vomit is impeding gas flow from oxylite...too many dig orders in the que, and one bathroom was out of order shortly after I loaded it.

I have this nagging feeling that you're setting everything up correctly, just not in the right order. For sure fire results, dig out your bathroom, place a sink, dig out to water, place the hand pump, then place the toilet, then another wash basin, then another toilet - and don't que up massive swaths of dig orders on day one, wait until after the bathroom is set up - I wouldn't have them dig so much in so few cycles - they all need to use the bathroom and they all need to eat at just about the same exact time for the first few cycles, so things can go very badly on day two if the bathroom isn't set up and fully functional.

Edited by The Plum Gate

Share this comment

Sorry for my late response, but all my games I've been playing lately have been customized to the easiest level :D because I'm still new at this and want to get passed cycle 3 at least at this point, lol. I did exactly what you told me to do in my latest game play, and the great thing was my asteroid/planet had water that was off to the side, so it was easy to separate it. I set up the basin's first waited until they put water in it, then set up my bathroom, waited, then set up another basin, waited and set up another bathroom, then I started digging, as soon as I hit dirt one of my dups (Jean) got food poisoning already on cycle 2, and she hasn't even ate'n yet. I'm sending you the save files. 

The Darkest Pigpen Cycle 2.sav

Edited by Iceacesis

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Iceacesis said:

Sorry for my late response, but all my games I've been playing lately have been customized to the easiest level :D because I'm still new at this and want to get passed cycle 3 at least at this point, lol. I did exactly what you told me to do in my latest game play, and the great thing was my asteroid/planet had water that was off to the side, so it was easy to separate it. I set up the basin's first waited until they put water in it, then set up my bathroom, waited, then set up another basin, waited and set up another bathroom, then I started digging, as soon as I hit dirt one of my dups (Jean) got food poisoning already on cycle 2, and she hasn't even ate'n yet. I'm sending you the save files. 

That's excellent. I'm no mod or dev here, but that should eliminate or substantially reduce the number of possibilities for them to have to weed out.

Doing those things, I forgot to mention that you'll want to have them sweep up everything out of the bathroom soonish. They have a tendency to go straight from the toilet to start picking things up in the bathroom and almost always end up contaminating the ores. bathroom is the hardest thing to get set up in the early game. I usually play in the germ overlay until that gets fully set up. You can do a lot of things with the overlay turned on.

Share this comment

Even playing on the easiest level for the past couple of game plays I am still getting food poisoning though, I check the germs overlay every time the dups go to the bathroom, wash their hands, get water, or get into the rations box, just to be on the safe side. I've even put the disinfection down to 1,500 germs sometimes (again being on the safe side), and it seems no matter what I do, they still get sick.

Share this comment

So, I made it to cycle 18, but not easily lol. My dups are still getting food poisoning off and on, I made sure to check on the germs, and food going into the ration box, I even put sinks in to replace the basins, making sure the dups were washing better.For a customized game that is on easy mode, it sure isn't easy. Should I uninstall/reinstall the game or just oil, not sure exactly what my next step should be. I am now waiting for the next dup to be ready for print, so I can "heal" the other dups, since they are all sick.

Share this comment