Food disappeared when changing cycles.

ThePhoenyx
  • Pending

*edited to correct misinformation on my part*

Greetings,

I know there is a bug that when loading a save your food can disappear. However, this happened to me in real time. I was playing on Cycle 10 going to Cycle 11 and as soon as it ticked over I got the alert that I had a food shortage. The food was less than 2 days old so it didn't spoil, it just flat out disappeared.

Supernova Homestead Cycle 11.sav

Steps to Reproduce
I'm not sure what caused it, it happened as I was going from cycle 10 to cycle 11. I had 4 duplicants and was producing liceloaf when they went to sleep.

User Feedback

Food spoils if not preserved.
Loading a game will pause the simulation, press space to continue and let the game detect available stuff...

Share this comment

1 hour ago, Masterpintsman said:

Food spoils if not preserved.
Loading a game will pause the simulation, press space to continue and let the game detect available stuff...

I was producing fresh liceloaf when all my food disappeared, I had meallice, in a preserved state, on the ground that disappeared, and I had unpaused the simulation before taking that screenshot and the food was still not there.

Edited by ThePhoenyx

Share this comment

Your save file works fine. If you craft a mush bar it will register that you have food.

If you load a save file where you have food, then you always start without food category loaded, and if you unpause, after 2-5 sec it will recalculate what you have and will display it normally.

As far as i know meallice rot faster than liceloaf.

EDIT: Also if food stacked, it gets an avarage spoil time for the whole stack. just like in "don's starve".

Edited by Blas88

Share this comment

36 minutes ago, Blas88 said:

Your save file works fine. If you craft a mush bar it will register that you have food.

If you load a save file where you have food, then you always start without food category loaded, and if you unpause, after 2-5 sec it will recalculate what you have and will display it normally.

As far as i know meallice rot faster than liceloaf.

EDIT: Also if food stacked, it gets an avarage spoil time for the whole stack. just like in "don's starve".

The meal lice was 1 day old, freshly harvested from my plants. The liceloaves were made from those meal lice. At the very least the food spoiled in 1 day which in itself is a bug.

The screenshot save did eventually load the food into the game, but it doesn't explain what happened to my 30,000 kcals of food in my other save (not the screenshot one).

Share this comment