Flipped asteroid world generation possible bug

Aytherio
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

Hello.
I've tested about 12 seeds and only once I got solid shaft to the surface. It is logical to assume that this asteroid should has exit not through the lava, because it is difficult to imagine a way to deal with extreme temperatures without atmo suits and without use of exploits; and because there is low possibility of spawning of relatively safe way out.
For statistics of my attempts the possibility to have proper shaft is less than 10%, and I think that world generation algorithm for this asteroid is broken.

1.jpg

2.jpg

3.jpg

4.jpg

5.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

I have no mods that affects Committee.savworld generation as I know.

Scientific Pit.sav The Scientific System.sav

User Feedback

It was designed to get you partway through the magma surface and to occasionally fully connect. You can use the teleporter to access another asteroid and launch rockets from there until you are ready to tackle this challenge. 

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Why in rare seeds there is solid shaft that connects biomes to surface? It just good fortune?
And what in case of no teleport option? It looks like pretty imbalanced when you could get almost safe path thru magma without need to deal with it in case of no suits, but most of the times - huge pools are an obstacle to space that should be dealt with bare hands

Edited by Aytherio

Share this comment