Fertiliser prioritised over everything else.

BlackYazra
  • Branch: Preview Branch Pending

I was experiencing a need to prioritise everything to 9 to have any chance of dupes responding.  Turned out that delivering fertiliser to planter boxes takes precedence, and with 6 fertiliser makers constantly dropping the stuff on the ground, no one would do anything else until the power ran out, freeing dupes up for other tasks... like making power, and so it went on. Couldn't find anything that was labeled as priority 9 involved in the process but thats what was happening. Ended up using an airlock to limit access as a work around.

Steps to Reproduce
Make enough planter boxes with blossoms and make a good number of fertiliser makers. Was enough plants to support ~25 dupes btw.

User Feedback

Try setting priority to your planters to 1 by area select the planters in 3+ blocks height (starting from the base)

Share this comment

Already tried to "de-priotitize" the blossoms to no luck. I can confirm this bug, working out how exactly things get prioritized in the game, here's what I got:

-Priority 12: fertilizing plants, no questions asked, more important than anything else

-Priority +2: sweeping, dupes will ignore other higher priority tasks, unless the priority is 3 units higher; for example a sweep 5 task will take precedence over a 6 anything else, and equal priority to any 7 task. Deconstructing also has a +2 effect.

-Priority -3: mopping, dupes will not respond to any mop order lower than 9, and even so might take a while to do so

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Daikataro said:

Already tried to "de-priotitize" the blossoms to no luck. I can confirm this bug, working out how exactly things get prioritized in the game, here's what I got:

-Priority 12: fertilizing plants, no questions asked, more important than anything else

-Priority +2: sweeping, dupes will ignore other higher priority tasks, unless the priority is 3 units higher; for example a sweep 5 task will take precedence over a 6 anything else, and equal priority to any 7 task. Deconstructing also has a +2 effect.

-Priority -3: mopping, dupes will not respond to any mop order lower than 9, and even so might take a while to do so

Did ya area select tho? There is a bug with planters where sometimes you need to area select it from the base to 3 tiles up for the command to work.

Share this comment

Just now, AlexRou said:

Did ya area select tho? There is a bug with planters where sometimes you need to area select it from the base to 3 tiles up for the command to work.

Aye, I had, in another colony, a whole area inside an ice biome (long story) devoted exclusively to planter boxes. Area-selected with 1 priority, dupes would still rather fertilize the blossoms, than dig a 7 priority tunnel.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Daikataro said:

Priority -3: mopping, dupes will not respond to any mop order lower than 9, and even so might take a while to do so

That's not my experience, my dupes will do priority 5 mopping before most other priority 5 tasks.

Share this comment