Farm Station won't make micronutrients despite meeting the conditions - Dupe has "born" crop tending skill

EduMad
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

I have a dupe with crop tending skill, "Abe".

The farm station is in a greenhouse room, it has 50kg fertilizer Everything seems fine, except nothing happens.

This is the first farm station (early in the game).

See that there are no errands in the Farm Station.

The only unusual situation is that the only dupe with "crop tending" got it as a "born" trait at the time of hiring.  It even has the requisite "improved farming 1".

Please see the attached save game created today.

Ibuprofen Break.sav

Steps to Reproduce

Load the attached saved game and see the farm station does not "call" the crop tending dupe despite being in a greenhouse, having fertilizer, and all things going well.

User Feedback

Mealwood can't receive the Farmers Touch buff (which is what the micronutrient fertilizer applies). The dupes aren't doing the task because it can't be done.

Mealwood, Oxyferns and Wheezewort can't be fertilized with micronutrient fertilizer at all, and Arbor trees only receive a benefit when growing the initial trunk.

Edited by ashridah

Share this comment

Silly me.

Thanks for schooling me about the mealwood not receiving farmer's touch, I felt "cheated" by the game.  It's much better knowing I made a mistake.

I would close the ticket if I knew how.

Apologies for having wasted people's time.

Share this comment