Exosuits Randomly Disappearing

Mr. Higgsbury II
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I'm fairly certain that this occurs in the live branch as well but I've noticed that my atmosuit count steadily decreases as the suits keep disappearing from my dock. I also noticed that duplicants are somehow managing to get past the dock without  needing to equip a suit. I've haven't found a way to replicate it yet as I haven't seen it live, but I have found dupes in places they shouldn't be without a suit. My best guess would be that the suit just teleports somewhere random because I've found naphtha in completely sealed rooms for no apparent reason.

*Save file attached. Be warned that this is an older file that I have edited with duplicity. That shouldn't matter though because I have seen other worlds with the same issue.

Core.sav

Below shows a duplicant path found itself into a room that has an exosuit dock blocking the way. There is no suit there, and so the duplicant should not be able to even try to go there.

suits.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Have duplicant perform tasks (harvest etc.) on the other side of an exosuit dock. Wait awhile & have them use the dock??? Notice that dupes are either on the other side without a suit or the suit has disappeared.

User Feedback

Exosuits can melt near molten metal. Are you sure it is not what you're experiencing ? Or maybe provide a savegame so other can search for a problem if you can. I guess devs like to have the savegame in case they have time to search for the bug themselves :D

Share this comment

7 minutes ago, Christophlette said:

Exosuits can melt near molten metal. Are you sure it is not what you're experiencing ? Or maybe provide a savegame so other can search for a problem if you can. I guess devs like to have the savegame in case they have time to search for the bug themselves :D

There isn't anything visibly hot near the suits. even my sleet wheat suit disappeared so that doesn't make any sense. 

Save file attached.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Mr. Higgsbury II said:

There isn't anything visibly hot near the suits. even my sleet wheat suit disappeared so that doesn't make any sense. 

Save file attached.

At least you watched for that. Devs will surely look into it or a more advanced player than me. 

Anyway, it's nice of you! 

Share this comment

>somehow managing to get past the dock without  needing to equip a suit

mine managed to do that once in rocketry

>as the suits keep disappearing from my dock

1. I have two docks to surface, dupes often go to closest one even if it is full and dismiss suits there. They ignore 'vacancy' setting, but suit doesn't disappear per se, just dropped.

2. Somehow my dupes manage to fall incapacitated while in suit (usually by going throw dock from hot environment), they are rescued 'along with suit' and clicking on dupe to deequip suit makes the suit disappear.

Share this comment

I have updated the post with a new picture that shows a duplicant path-finding into a room that has an exosuit dock, but doesn't have one available.

suits.jpg

Share this comment