exosuit dropped at jet suit checkpoint

ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

Duplicants in exosuits will drop their exosuits when passing a jet suit checkpoint. They will play the animation of putting the exosuit on/off, like they act they want to hang their exosuit into a jet suit container, but instead the exosuit will be left on the floor. The jet suit checkpoint does work in the set direction, not allowing exosuit dupes pass into the direction of the arrow if no jet suits are available.

Steps to Reproduce
Build a jet suit set up, and have exosuit dupes move past the jet suit checkpoint from the opposite direction. In my opinion, this can be solved through never allowing exosuit dupes pass the jet suit checkpoint from either side.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

This is currently working as designed if the checkpoint is set to Clearance: Always.  If you set the checkpoint to Clearance: Vacancy then dupes should only pass in through the checkpoint if they are able to drop off their suit in a locker (which they don't do when they are wearing the wrong kind of suit).

Share this comment

1 minute ago, Brook said:

This is currently working as designed if the checkpoint is set to Clearance: Always.  If you set the checkpoint to Clearance: Vacancy then dupes should only pass in through the checkpoint if they are able to drop off their suit in a locker (which they don't do when they are wearing the wrong kind of suit).

Ah forget to mention that: checkpoint was set at clearance: vacancy. So no, the bug is still there.

Share this comment

2 minutes ago, ToiDiaeRaRIsuOy said:

Ah forget to mention that: checkpoint was set at clearance: vacancy. So no, the bug is still there.

Could you upload a save file so I can take a look at your exact situation? Thanks!

Share this comment

9 minutes ago, Brook said:

Could you upload a save file so I can take a look at your exact situation? Thanks!

Here you go. I tried to replicate it, but now the duplicant doesn't do it. I'm 100% sure the checkpoint was set at clearance:vancancy when it happened, I am sure of that. Really strange. I was building tiles and a door when it happened, so maybe it had something to do with it.

However, I did get a second bug registered: the duplicant is now stuck at the checkpoint, as it can't navigate to either side of the checkpoint. He can navigate from the outside to the checkpoint, but once it is at the checkpoint, his pathing will be stuck.

The Contagious Abyss1.sav

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Dupes should no longer get stuck at the checkpoint if they're wearing a suit that doesn't match the checkpoint type.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment