Exosuit Checkpoint blocks navigation

Exgeniar
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

As demonstrated in the image below, the Exosuit Checkpoint is blocking navigation, causes all jobs behind the checkpoint to never get prioritized. When I disable or, deconstruct the check point, Dupes will resume work on tasks behind the checkpoint. The number of suits, and stack percentage of the station doesn't seem to affect the issue. 

Repro Steps: 3/3 -  100%

1. Build a Exosuit checkpoint. NOTE: All suits are being charged.
  2. Assign a ask behind said checkpoint with suits setup.

Observed Behavior: Dupes will not execute tasks behind a checkpoint when it suits are available.

Expected Behavior: Dupes will do tasks behind checkpoint, but Dupes will not pass when there is no suits available. 

Build CL: See Image

20170929023718_1.thumb.jpg.c4244a589742f21d2fa919d2287a1a03.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Build a Exosuit checkpoint. NOTE: All suits are being charged. Assign a ask behind said checkpoint with suits setup.

User Feedback

Judging by the yellow lights on the docks, looks like none of the suits are ready for operation.
Letting your dupes take an undercharged exosuit out isn't exactly the correct behavior.

Share this comment

What does your air intake setup look like? An issue I ran into is that suit charging stations can still receive air intake even without a suit to fill or with a fully-filled suit. I had a single ventilation shaft going straight through all of the stations, so the first station would take all of the air even when it's empty or fully-filled, leaving all of the other stations completely empty. I was able to sidestep the issue by building an octopus of ventilation shafts that split to fill all the stations, though it still sends air to stations that don't need it so it still takes a long time to charge suits.

For some reason, this issue only applies to my one suit lineup. I have a different one, in a different area of my base, that acts as it should, with stations only taking air when they are loaded with a suit that needs it. I have no idea why the two stations act differently, and to make it even weirder, the broken station will stay broken even if I remove all the stations and replace them.

I had the same thing where the suit checkpoint was blocking move actions, but I think that's a symptom of the problem. You can't send dupes past a checkpoint unless there are filled suits ready for them to use. I can move them just fine past the working suit station.

Note that this is a base from the previous version and I turned on debug mode to add oil wells to it, so it's not a "pure" oil update save. For all I know that's caused problems. I'll include the save anyway; the bottom station is the broken one, the upper-right station is the one that works fine.

First station stealing all air.sav

Edited by Pigbuster
Adding a note that responds to the specific issue the thread is about.

Share this comment

I ran into this issue too. However, after reviewing the above post, I decided to check the piping and discovered that the suits were not getting any O2. After I resolved this issue, they seem to work. However, the  suits were shown as green in the  exosuit dock, so I am not sure what was going on.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Pigbuster said:

An issue I ran into is that suit charging stations can still receive air intake even without a suit to fill or with a fully-filled suit.

The dock will always build up an oxygen buffer in the inventory to recharge suits with later.
Once it stops taking in oxygen it'll have the 200 kg that it wanted.

Share this comment