Energy wiring not path finding correctly

Yesman_85
  • Pending

Wires seem to draw ALL the energy that is available in the system like it's some sort of loop. When branching off a wire to an individual component there can never be more energy than that component can draw (like in real life).

See attached screenshot. The water pump is supposed to draw only 240W but the electrical wire leading to it indicates it is drawing 1.4kW. This shouldn't be able to happen.

Untitled.png

Steps to Reproduce
Create a simple network with alot of consumers but all branched with individual wires.

User Feedback

Looks like it nows works like all circuit status, so if you total voltage will be more then any piece of wire can accept, then any piece of wire can be broken (If i not wrong, even those one which not connected, for example if you connect high voltage and low voltage and which is going to nowhere). And yes would like it to be changed, so you can place big wire in the center and small on the sides, like the tree.

Share this comment

It works fine, electrical networks cant have branchens without additional components in reallife. Ever wonderd why it is called a electric circurit?

What we really need are fuseboxes and transistors or relays if we have to deal with max voltage.

Share this comment

44 minutes ago, Keylan said:

What we really need are fuseboxes and transistors or relays if we have to deal with max voltage.

Which brings unnecessary complexity to dealing with power. Separate networks are nice compromise between too easy and too micro.

Share this comment

9 hours ago, Keylan said:

It works fine, electrical networks cant have branchens without additional components in reallife. Ever wonderd why it is called a electric circurit?

No, that's not how electricity works.

If we take for example a regular household AC circuit then any wire will only consume energy (Watts) when a device is drawing power (Amps). The circuit carries a voltage, and the energy is W = I * V. 

The only way the cables in the game can burn out is when the voltage would be too high for them (assuming there are no consumers on the other end), or when devices draw too much energy.

Share this comment

17 minutes ago, Yesman_85 said:

No, that's not how electricity works.

If we take for example a regular household AC circuit then any wire will only consume energy (Watts) when a device is drawing power (Amps). The circuit carries a voltage, and the energy is W = I * V. 

The only way the cables in the game can burn out is when the voltage would be too high for them (assuming there are no consumers on the other end), or when devices draw too much energy.

It's always baffeling me what selfconfidence ignorant people have, insisting on being right when told they are wrong.

An electrical circuit is always a loop. If you have a sinlge circuit all consumers have to be series putting the sum of their powerneed on the entire circuit. In your household you have diffrent circuits divided by the fusebox. Without a fusebox or transistors and relays you cant have parallel circiuts to divide constrain. 

Wires never consume power (they do, but  in very small amounts compared to the total energy) the consumer does. And if you have three power consumers active in you kitchen, the wires for your kitchen circuit will have to hande the combined voltage of all those consumers. 

Share this comment

5 hours ago, Keylan said:

It's always baffeling me what selfconfidence ignorant people have, insisting on being right when told they are wrong.

An electrical circuit is always a loop. If you have a sinlge circuit all consumers have to be series putting the sum of their powerneed on the entire circuit. In your household you have diffrent circuits divided by the fusebox. Without a fusebox or transistors and relays you cant have parallel circiuts to divide constrain. 

Maybe you should start learning the concept of electricity before calling people ignorant. But please quote me where I was in the wrong. If you start throwing terms like fuseboxes around maybe you are missing the point here lol and you should leave it to the people who know what they are talking about, because fuseboxes have little to do with how electrical circuits behave. Thanks.

Edited by Yesman_85

Share this comment