Electric Grill Overheating

kingturtle
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Fixed

No offense but was this grill made in China? Before the update the electric grill was working fine, now it stupidly overheats like if it was Liquid Tepidizer.

Please don't tell me this was intentional cause I don't see how a freaking electric grill can't freaking take or control it's own heat output. If we are being realistic all the food would have been burned into a black rock. I really don't like the direction the game is taking after this update. Please wait till you actually release the game before you raise the difficulty level to nightmare mode

Steps to Reproduce
Having duplicates cook in an area often will skyrocket the heat to absurd levels that the electric grill can't take themselves.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

This is intentional, the numbers were wrong originally and it was outputting the wrong heat, It is now fixed and works accordingly, A few pointers to make it work.

1. It must be build out of copper, Gold takes too long to cool down.
  2. Makes sure the atmosphere around it is suitable i.e above at least 500g
  3. Queue 4 or 5 of the item you want at a time (This is a pain, so the next solution is better)
  4. Make a thermo switch directly above it made of wolframite (This heats up easily so the air surrounding the Grill will trigger it before the grill overheats when set up correctly) and adjust it accordingly so it will switch off as the grill is about to get too hot, for this you will need to adjust it depending on the pressure of the air around it. This way allows you to leave it on continuously without fear except if you drop your air pressure too much
  5. Liquid or cold gas piping behind it does help reduce the issue by keeping he air colder.
  6. Partially submerging it in water, this unfortunately gives it a debuff.
  7. Moving the food ASAP the food can heat up the air rather rapidly as it is 1kg of food IIRC which can heat up 1kg of air fairly quickly.

Share this comment

12 hours ago, BlueLance said:

This is intentional, the numbers were wrong originally and it was outputting the wrong heat, It is now fixed and works accordingly, A few pointers to make it work.

1. It must be build out of copper, Gold takes too long to cool down.
  2. Makes sure the atmosphere around it is suitable i.e above at least 500g
  3. Queue 4 or 5 of the item you want at a time (This is a pain, so the next solution is better)
  4. Make a thermo switch directly above it made of wolframite (This heats up easily so the air surrounding the Grill will trigger it before the grill overheats when set up correctly) and adjust it accordingly so it will switch off as the grill is about to get too hot, for this you will need to adjust it depending on the pressure of the air around it. This way allows you to leave it on continuously without fear except if you drop your air pressure too much
  5. Liquid or cold gas piping behind it does help reduce the issue by keeping he air colder.
  6. Partially submerging it in water, this unfortunately gives it a debuff.
  7. Moving the food ASAP the food can heat up the air rather rapidly as it is 1kg of food IIRC which can heat up 1kg of air fairly quickly.

Well from today's update I guess it wasn't intentional. Thanks developers for listening/reading (I am sure I wasn't the only one).

Share this comment