Electric Grill not showing Gristle Berry until harvested, but shows other unavailable recipes

Theoretician
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I built an Electric Grill before any Bristle Berries had been grown or harvested. The grill's production orders UI did not show "Gristle Berry" as an option at all. Seems like a bug or an inconsistency, because the grill did display other recipes for which I didn't yet have any ingredients, including "Stuffed Berry"... Reloading didn't fix it.

The problem disappears once the first Bristle Berry is harvested: Gristle Berry then becomes available in the production orders UI, and it can be queued and cooked without problem.

Save file attached, before & after photos below. Game build is Q3-327401.

Before harvesting (Gristle Berry option not visible):

BeforeHarvesting(NotVisible).thumb.jpg.9859710df8842c7cfb87919fa1304b0d.jpg

After harvesting (Gristle Berry option visible):

AfterHarvesting(Visible).thumb.jpg.d5f4ac8b924edcf13fbe6df45bd0edb3.jpg

Citadel Cycle 31.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Before your first ever harvesting of Bristle Berries, build an Electric Grill. Check the production order UI to see if Gristle Berry is visible as an option (greyed out or not). Harvest your first Bristle Berry. Check if the Electric Grill is now showing Gristle Berry as an option.

User Feedback

I saw the same thing. I think it only shows recipes for items on the map (as with say smelting). Since bristle blossom requires light to grow, typically none are produced naturally, whereas pepper and wheat are naturally produced. Hence the recipe doesn't appear.

Share this comment

I wondered about that too. However, the recipe for Pepper Bread is visible, yet I couldn't find any Sleet Wheat Grains on the visible map. It's possible that some were buried under tiles, but none visible as far as I could see... Perhaps Pepper Bread appears in the recipe list because there are already Pincha Peppernuts on the map. But that is still quite inconsistent with Gristle Berry, and I feel it would be better to see all recipes or none at all.

Edited by Theoretician

Share this comment

Gristle Berry only requires 1 ingredient, so since none of it exists, it doesn't show.

The other has 2 ingredients, of which you probably have 1 (Pincha Peppernut), so it shows but can't be made due to lack of resources.

It makes sense. It's just inconvenient if you have played before and know what you can make.

Personally, it's more annoying then helpful/interesting as you don't get a notification that you have new recipes (AFAIK), they just magically appear in the grill recipes when you have the ingredients. It would probably be fine if it would notify you somehow kinda like how you get the badges when you unlock new tech from research, or even the popup notification for skill/research/etc.

I also hate that you can't click on construction-based things if you lack resources to compare stats (out of gold amalgam? oh well, you can't check the overheat temp, etc). I could understand not being able to build it, but I would prefer being able to place the construction job and the construction job having a badge to show it's lacking resources. At the very least, be able to do everything but place it and give me a naughty sound/msg that I dont have the resources.

Share this comment