Easy Livin' Achievement

KittenIsAGeek
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Fixed

I've noticed a problem with the "Easy Livin'" achievement on build EX1 513-469473 in Spaced Out!

I built a sweeper to supply two kilns with clay and coal to make ceramics.  The sweeper also puts the ceramic onto a conveyor.  The system logs about 50 to 60 deliveries per cycle.  My dupes, in the course of making food and other minor duties, performed around 20 to 40 deliveries per cycle.  This should get me the achievement in 5 cycles flat, but it doesn't.  Instead, if the dupes perform a delivery before the auto-sweeper does, it resets the 'auto-sweepers out perform' check box.  In fact, if there's a burst of dupe activity early in the cycle, such as the dupes fertilizing all the crops, and it pushes the number of dupe jobs above the auto-sweeper's numbers, it resets the count, even if by the end of the cycle the auto-sweepers perform twice as many deliveries as the dupes.

I'm not sure if this is intended behavior or not, but it makes this achievement really annoying.  I basically have to lock my dupes down for several cycles to ensure that a dupe won't perform a delivery right at the start of the cycle.

** NOTE ** I am unable to provide a log file, as I can not find it.  I found one from February in the "ONI.bak" folder, but I can not find an "Oxygen Not Included" folder.  Attached are screenshots of this unrelated issue.  Strangely, I also can not "Browse FIles" from the steam interface.  I am not using cloud saves, but I can not find where it is currently saving my games.  Clearly I've got some other issues going on -- but these issues shouldn't be affecting the achievement tracker.  HOWEVER, as it will not allow me to submit a bug report without a log file, I am attaching an intentionally blank file.

Screenshot from 2021-06-28 18-30-57.png

Screenshot from 2021-06-28 18-31-13.png

Steps to Reproduce

Build a system to produce a lot of sweeper activity through the course of a full cycle.  Have a dupe perform 1 delivery before the sweeper goes active.  Notice how "Auto-Sweeper outperforms" checkbox remains blank at the end of the cycle even if that 1 delivery is all the dupes performed.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.
On 10/5/2021 at 5:56 PM, k_nicole said:

Changed Status to Fixed

This is still happening.  If the dupes perform 1 job before the sweepers, then it doesn't matter how many jobs the sweepers perform.  Here are two screenshots, slightly before the cycle tick and slightly after.  I tried to get the cycle timer in view along with the achievement details.   You'll see that just before the tick, the sweepers have out-performed the dupes, but the achievement does not have a green check. In the next screenshot, you'll see that the total cycles where sweepers out-performed the dupes has reset to zero.  There is now a green check in the tally for sweepers vs dupes, but that's because sweepers were delivering as the cycle changed, and so they beat the dupes.

I am currently on Build U42-514967-5 in Spaced Out!

The method to reproduce the issue is still the same: Build a sweeper that can perform deliveries continuously.  Use automation to start the sweeper after the dupe has performed a single delivery towards the achievement.  At the end of the cycle, the dupe with one task will "out perform" the sweeper no matter how many deliveries the sweeper makes.

Screenshot_20220906_220355.png

Screenshot_20220906_220442.png

Share this comment

I can't figure out why my counter keeps resetting.  I can never get more than 1 day to count.  The second day seems to work fine until the 3rd day dawns, then the counter is reset to zero again.  I tried giving all of my work shifts only 2 hours of work time in the mid-day.  Something is still resetting it.  I've paused the game when the day's last hour is nearly ended, just to confirm my count for the day.  My automation still exceeds my dupe work counter.  But the days reset to zero anyway.

Share this comment