dups filling algae machines infinitely

jargonchipmunk
  • Pending

Dupes will bring 1 kilo of algae to an algae deoxidizer which will IMMEDIATELY be used down to about 80g. This creates an infinite loop of the dupes using all available algae to never fill the machine. I've also seen this bug with plants where no matter how many times they brought water, the plant always said it was low on water. They drained an entire lake to never grow a mealwood plant. As I typed this, I saw the same thing with an algae terrarium. bringing infinite water and algae to it.

*edit* I did notice it's when it says they deliver "1000g" of material instead of an amount of kg. Is the bug only when they pick up and attempt to deliver under 1kg?

Steps to Reproduce
I'm not entirely sure outside having these machines built. It's happened in multiple colonies I've started.
  • Like 3

User Feedback

ive also encountered this problem it seems to happen when u get late game stuff and destroying the deoxidizer/algae does not help sadly so plz hotfix this bug soon it makes it hard to make long lasting worlds thx

• Like 1

Share this comment

Have you checked to see if the bug persists through a save and restart?
If so, You could potentially offer up a save file in place of a means of reproduction. 

Share this comment

It is not a bug per se, but rather an inefficient path finding / task management perhaps in combination with a low output of bio filter. When machine screams I need something, Dupes will run to a pile, take what is in there and instead of finding another, if the pile is low (like 1-2 kg) or if there is no other available, they ran back to the machine and put it in. By the time another small batch is produced and they can run to it again and again and again.

Basically the easiest solution is to make small producing machines output larger batches. Not necessarily increase output, but output only when bigger buffer full, like 10 or 20 kg minimum.  Or to chain them to a single pile. Because when you have several small piles and the machine can have >100 kg inside, you have this problem.

Share this comment

I'd read relogging would fix it but I just tried a few times and the deoxidizers are still deleting 1000g algae in a go with no O2 to show for it. Been happening for at least 20 cycles, at cycle 60 now. 

Edited by jjadziadax

Share this comment