Duplicates using contaminated water in machines

Rocketman22
  • Pending

Duplicates will waste contaminated water by picking up '1000 kg of water' and run it to a machine (algae farm/supercomputer/etc.) and place it in the machine. The machine will read that it has full water for a second, then it will negate all contaminated water (all of it in this case) and then the duplicate will run back to where I collect contaminated water to repeat the process. All misused contaminated water disappears.

There needs to be a way to tell a Duplicate which source of water to use.

(Additional facts: I did have a source of clean water nearby. The style of base I was building is a high-stress recycling format.)

Steps to Reproduce
Have the closest source of water to the base be where contaminated water collects. Have a low percentage of the water in the area to be clean. Set machines that require water on a high priority to be refilled.

User Feedback

Probably grams. This bug happens whenever the closest water source to machines is contaminated, this bug wastes a lot of time if contaminated water gets into the colonies main water supply.

Share this comment

I never saw dupes pick up contaminated water. They can pick up clean water even if it is next to contaminated water.

The dupes storage says contaminated water?

Share this comment

Just had the exact same issue crop up in my game.  I was setting up a new drain pipe setup to clean contaminated water above my main water supply when sandstone decided to be it's normal self and dropped, allowing the water out before I  had set up retaining walls around the intake pump.  Once it made it into my main reservoir my dupes ended up dying because they would only pull contaminated water out of the main reservoir to put into my terrariums, which would start for a half second, dump the contaminated water, and instantly shut off.  They just ran in a loop doing that until they ran out of oxygen.  They refused to use a secondary source of pure water that was located farther away.

Share this comment