Duplicants will not build wires

UrsaPolaris
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Closed

I've been trying to get these conductive heavy watt wires built, the dupes can reach them, they have delivered the required materials, but id just doesn't work.

they don't have to many other tasks, because if I try to build a building they come right to it to construct, but the wires are ignored.

I canceled the build multiple times, cancelled and let a cycle pass, I even cancelled, saved, quit, loaded up the save and tried building the wires again.

I tried changing the type of room the wires were in, because they seemed to have no problems inside the power station

My dupes just ignore the task despite all my efforts.

20220108094320_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce

looking to the left of the base you can change the priorities of the wires needing to be built, or cancel them and rebuild them. the dupes won't do so despite being able to reach them.

Luxury Dimension.sav DxDiag.txt

User Feedback

Do you have a mechatronics engineer that is allowed in the area, is allowed to build or can build in general (is not unconstructive) and has high build priority? Heavi-wat conductive needs that skill. Just a  builder can't build it.

Share this comment

5 hours ago, sakura_sk said:

Do you have a mechatronics engineer that is allowed in the area, is allowed to build or can build in general (is not unconstructive) and has high build priority? Heavi-wat conductive needs that skill. Just a  builder can't build it.

yes, I have set the priority to the highest possible. I do have an electrical engineer, which is the requirement for these wires. and they were perfectly able to build the wires just a bit to the right in my screenshot. I've removed and moved the doors around so the wires are included or excluded from the power plant room.I've tried building the whole battery form above as well, but none of it has persuaded them to do their job.

Share this comment

23 minutes ago, UrsaPolaris said:

yes, I have set the priority to the highest possible.

There are two sets of priorities. (Yes, electrical engineer, not mechatronics, sorry...)

It seems you only have one dupe that can do the job and it was set at high priority operating jobs

When I changed the dupe to have highest priority build jobs, it seems that building the wires came first on their list

image.thumb.png.f189020e5961fd193827d663cecfa768.png

image.thumb.png.8981098b76590c6f4e5cf5a097076f21.png

Share this comment

1 hour ago, sakura_sk said:

There are two sets of priorities. (Yes, electrical engineer, not mechatronics, sorry...)

It seems you only have one dupe that can do the job and it was set at high priority operating jobs

When I changed the dupe to have highest priority build jobs, it seems that building the wires came first on their list

image.thumb.png.f189020e5961fd193827d663cecfa768.png

image.thumb.png.8981098b76590c6f4e5cf5a097076f21.png

you're right, that's fixed it, thank you

• Like 1

Share this comment