Dupes Won't Deliver To Fertilizer When Clock Sensor Is Off

vonVile
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

I couldn't figure out why my Dupes wouldn't deliver Dirt and Phosphorite to the Fertilizer even when set to 9, which was connected to a Clock Sensor to only work during the last quarter of the day. After too many cycles of seeing Dupes ignore it, I decided to set the Clock to run all day and they finally did it. What seems to be happening is the Clock Sensor is setting the Fertilizer to disabled when not active, so Dupes won't attend to it. That shouldn't be the case. Even with the Clock Sensor having the Fertilizer (or any other machine) set to "off" Dupes should consider it functioning and deliver. The Clock Sensor should instead classify the inactive machine as being in "standby."

Steps to Reproduce
Build Fertilizer and connect to Clock Sensor and have it set to never run. Dupes will never fill the Fertilizer.

User Feedback

There is just on or off, nothing between. If its disabled by autmation, its disabled, and so there is no delivery task. 

Either make your dupes deliver the stuff in active time, or build storage beside it, that can be supported all the time, and build a sweeper, that feeds the machine if needed.

Therefore, its not a bug, its working as intended.

Share this comment

Like I stated they need to re-categorize "disabled," because it really isn't, to "standby" for automation. If I set my coffee maker to make coffee at 7AM daily, the machine isn't disabled and I don't stop reloading it.

• Haha 1

Share this comment