dupes prioritizing delivery over building

goboking
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

I'm seeing strange behavior in my dupes regarding building and delivery.  I specialize my dupes to handle different tasks in order to make my colony more efficient.  One such dupe is set up in a way to handle all construction projects outside of my colony.  The dupe in question is set to dig and build, but not deliver.  After queuing up a very long pipe and wire to connect a remote steam geyser to my colony the dupe responsible for completing the project first delivered materials the about 95% of the length of the pipe and wire before actually constructing any part of it.

This is different from the normal behavior I've observed, wherein the dupe will usually deliver as much material as they can carry then build those sections before repeating the process.  After delivering the almost all of the materials were delivered by this dupe then those sections (most of the project) was constructed before behavior returned to normal (delivering and building as they went instead of all delivery followed by all building) on the final 5% of the pipe/wire.

Steps to Reproduce
The behavior happened when I queued a very long stretch of pipe and wire, but I'm not entirely sure if that's what caused the abnormal behavior.

User Feedback

It probably claimed the nearest chore before the build chore became available. So it just went down the line claiming build fetch chores.

Share this comment