Dupes Ignore "Vacancy Only" In Exosuit Checkpoints

Tepid Fruits
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

So, throughout my game I've occasionally been having dupes get past "vacancy only" checkpoints which are full of exosuits, doing whatever they went there to do and then idling there starving, asphyxiating, etc. to death because they won't  go back past the checkpoint (which is full). 

Note that this isn't the same as the bug report where dupes get past a checkpoint without a suit- I haven't noticed anything like that except in a case where they path around the checkpoint using ladders and transit tubes, so if you see that in the attached save you can rest assured it's (probably) not a bug :D

Space.sav

Steps to Reproduce
I think it's caused by dupes returning from an area whilst wearing an exosuit, not removing it and going straight to work in a different exosuit zone, or picking an exosuit off the ground from an "always permitted" checkpoint.

User Feedback

I think based on what you've described that dupes are behaving as designed... the Clearance setting applies only to returning dupes (going from "outside" to "inside"), dupes that are wearing a suit already may always cross a checkpoint in the "out" direction.

One of the reasons for this is that if a dupe finds themselves standing in front of a checkpoint they always need to be allowed to move in one direction or another, otherwise they will be stuck. Unsuited dupes can always go "inside", suited dupes can always go "outside". To prevent either would result in dupes getting stuck at a checkpoint unable to move in any direction.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment