Dupes ignore priority

UrsaPolaris
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

When setting a high priority dupes sometimes ignore the task entirely.

When saving and reloading they'll immediately do the higher priority tasks but it seems when my base gets to a medium size I have to reload constantly.

pretty much the only way to snap me out of my oxygen not included induced trance but I don't think that's the point.

Diseased Acropolis.sav

DxDiag_oni.txt

Steps to Reproduce
it just happens, the base grows and I have a lot of tasks lined up.

User Feedback

I took a look and I would say that from the looks of it you are just reaching too far too fast, in addition please search up a guide or 3 on the forum, I have one posted that will put you on a much better track.  Your algae terrariums are a noob trap, they use algae and water and co2 to make small amount of air, ditch them go for algae deoxidizer, just uses algae to make air, then move to electrolizer, water to air.  The real problem I see is that you have tooo much going on at once.  Dupes aren't that bright and will constantly poison job paths on each other, the exosuits interfering with work zones def doesn't help and isn't necessary for everywhere you have it set up.  Your growing mealwood on hydrotiles does no good for the mealwood and the hot water is stifling those plants.
I also want you to open up task manage while you are playing the game and see if Disk runs up to 100%, if it does then you also have pagefile poisoning going on.  Your dxdiag shows you using more pagefile than ram, I have a theory(purely theory) that pagefile may be contributing to these random floating problems.  More or less things getting lost between hard drive and ram sticks.  For now though, see if you can adjust your gameplay style to not have soooo much overhead work leading the dupes, 

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment

hehe I went a bit crazy, but the real problem was happening the most around cycle 80. before I put all those exosuits and such in. since then I've made it a habit to just save and reload every so often. so I'm not sure if it got worse or better since then

Share this comment

Then would you be willing to try something for me?  You have 8gb ram which should be enough to run game and OS, each only needs 3-4 gb ram at absolute max, so try turning off your page file.  To do this open file manager.  Right click on This Pc (My Computer) click Properties.  Select advanced system settings, Click the Advanced tab then Performance Settings button, Advanced tab, Change button, uncheck Automatically Manage and click No Page File.

image.thumb.png.1350ab1e81df82d755a7a5c59e25467b.png

Computer will need to restart to finish.  Let me know if this helps any.

Share this comment

I did that, I have not run into that problem since but I am not sure if it was your fix or if it just went past. 

I've started a new game and I'm on the look out for it.

• Like 1

Share this comment