Dupes get stuck in bizarre places

Random_Unit
  • Known Issue

After the last update dupes sometimes get stuck in absolutely incredible places. I've played for about 3 hours and this is the second incident for this time. This has never happened before. I've attached a screenshot and savefile made right at the scene. Look at Olive, how did she even got there? Now she lacks oxygen and twitches so funny, Awwww.

Dupe Stuck.sav

stuck dupe.png

Steps to Reproduce
It seems that it happens when dupes are building tiles over the chunks at the moment when the chunk is being excavated, but that's not for shure

User Feedback

This actually happens a lot. They might fix it at some point to where the dupes just jump from higher ledge since they fall anyways with no damage.

But it basically happens when there is nowhere for the Dupe to go and something is made above them, or below them I believe. In the case of your Dupe in the pic, he might have made the tile underneath him which pushed them up. He couldn't go anywhere to escape, so he got stuck inside. It's actually pretty funny and I am sure it's intentional to a point, seeing as how the Dupes squirm and are animated for when it happens.

Edited by Oatmeal

Share this comment

19 minutes ago, Oatmeal said:

he might have made the tile underneath him which pushed them up

Nope, the lower room have been finished already, then I've marked blueprints for the upper floor. There was the chunk of the fallen sand in the corner of the room, which I've marked for digging right after planning was made. This explains where the ceiling tile have come from (built by Olive, standing on that chunk) and this explains how Olive could dig out that hole, but it still doesn't explain how she got in there.

Edited by Random_Unit

Share this comment

it seems like she somehow teleported there in the moment when she was building/adding materials to that spot and at the same time someone dug out that chunk of sand under her feet. That's where the bug is. Case closed.

Edited by Random_Unit

Share this comment