Dupes Frozen in Place

Geschinta
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

This just happened today when I started a new game, and had not happened previously (seed 252525252). Dupes froze in place while going to do something. Attached is both dupes frozen - Otto froze in a doorway, looking like they were trying to build or dig something, and stayed like that for nearly a full cycle before I told them to move elsewhere, after which they behaved normally. Something similar also happened with Nails (Which I didn't notice until looking at the screen shot, Nails was frozen at the same time as Otto, so maybe the freeze happened at the same time?), where they were standing in place and their info panel said they were going to run on the generator, but they just stood there and were not on break (not anywhere near break on their schedule). Also was fixed by te lling them to move elsewhere. The standard small movements dupes normally make while standing still (like swaying slightly) were not present; all animations had completely frozen.

Frozen Dupes.png

Steps to Reproduce
Appointed dupes tasks, they froze in place until moved manually

User Feedback

i notice this happens (100% of the time) if you switch their jobs/research while they are already doing it. ie. you have a t2 research queued, but no one set as a researcher. set someone this job, they will go do the research BUT the "no researchers available" (or whatever it says) will still be there.. soooo you open research tab, click the t2 research off and immediately on again and return to the map. the dupe will stand by the machine doing nothing, but the red message will be gone.

Share this comment

6 hours ago, thewreckedangle said:

i notice this happens (100% of the time) if you switch their jobs/research while they are already doing it. ie. you have a t2 research queued, but no one set as a researcher. set someone this job, they will go do the research BUT the "no researchers available" (or whatever it says) will still be there.. soooo you open research tab, click the t2 research off and immediately on again and return to the map. the dupe will stand by the machine doing nothing, but the red message will be gone.

That's more of an alert problem for me, not a frozen problem. Like if you set a task that's blocked by needing to have a certain job, even once you have a dupe in that job the alert stays 100% of the time until you save and reload, but my dupes have never frozen from that. Plus this happened before I even had the job board built here.

Edited by Geschinta

Share this comment

Happens in my base quite frequently (almost starved because of perpetually frozen cooks etc.). The dupe usually stops close to the target but not right at the target place (as far as I can notice), the tool-tip says "going to cook" etc. Manually moving the dupe sometimes helps (sometimes they get stuck again). When schedule changes (e.g. to leisure), they all get unstuck.

I am using build 280450 on Linux (x86_64, Ubuntu 18.05), but this was already happening since the Expressive upgrade. Seems to happen both with and without "Enable proximity" checked under the jobs screen.

Share this comment