Dupes Exp Gain Bugged

RailgunD
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

My 13 Learning dupe with an interest in supply is taking the same amount of time learning the exosuit engineer job compared to a 1 Learning no interest dupe.

Also, how are the mechanics of job exp calculated?  When I was learning the research path, my dupe seemed to not gain exp when on a massage table and seemed to gain more exp when doing research at the super computer. This made me think that making a dupe do a task associated with their job would make them level faster.  But, locking in a dupe and making them make build deliveries does not give them more exp in the supply job path.

Steps to Reproduce
Just Train a Dupe and watch exp bar

User Feedback

Jobs are unaffected, they use the interests system where dupes will be twice as fast for jobs that they like.

Leaning is specifically for attributes, and research speed.

Share this comment

15 hours ago, Hexicube said:

Jobs are unaffected, they use the interests system where dupes will be twice as fast for jobs that they like.

Leaning is specifically for attributes, and research speed.

Ok, so learning doesn't contribute to faster job mastery, thanks for clearing that up.

However, when you hover over interests when making a new game, it specifically says "This duplicant enjoys performing _____ jobs and will master them 50% faster".  If interests let dupes be twice as fast as jobs this should be reworded because the current wording suggests that dupes get 100% job mastery faster with an interest in that job path.

Share this comment