Dupes drop food when catching breath

TV4Fun
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

If a duplicant is in the process of getting something to eat, and needs to stop and catch their breath, they will drop the food they are carrying in order to do that. This can result in a loop where they try to go eat, but can't because there isn't enough oxygen where they are going. I have had at least one dupe (who also had Slimelung and had to come out of the infirmary for food) starve to death because they could not get food in time despite my colony being well supplied with food, because they kept having to drop their food to catch their breath.

The Delicate Sewer.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Have low oxygen in your food storage area/mess hall.

User Feedback

*loads the save and pokes around* good god, i've never seen so much co2 in an inhabited area before. I see you have high pressure gas vents... should make a dedicated co2 storage area and pump it all in there.

Alternately, do some CO2 scrubbers, filter the polluted water and feed it to an electrolyzer.

Just use a regular vent for the mushroom farm and put mechanical airlocks to keep it in. Also, move the airlocks two above the floor so the co2 covering the mushrooms can't escape.

In addition, I recommend doing gas permeable tiles in strips of 3, or at least 2, rather than 1. Reason being due to the gas physics, gases can become stuck with only a 1 wide passageway.

Edited by Ambaire

Share this comment