Dupes are trying to ranch critters in places where station is deconstructed

ArunPrasath
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Dupes are trying to ranch critters in places where station is deconstructed

image.thumb.png.f7b6a7c294c1dee30d7eb9fccf643c7a.png

Steps to Reproduce
Create a stable by creating a grooming station in an appropriate area. When critters are brought inside, deconstruct the station. Dupes are still trying to ranch critters in that location where the grooming station was last present.

This issue has not been confirmed by a developer yet.

Report Bug

User Feedback

I believe they are auto-wrangling (removing excess critters from that pen) at the drop point. If you don't think that's the case, please post your save file and I'll take a look!

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

On 7/30/2019 at 11:20 PM, Ipsquiggle said:

I believe they are auto-wrangling (removing excess critters from that pen) at the drop point. If you don't think that's the case, please post your save file and I'll take a look!

Hey ipsquiggle ... that's really not the case - the dupes wouldn't do anything and will keep on calling critters to come. But the problem was that the critters wouldn't come (coz of no grooming station?) and they end up doing this for the whole day

I'm afraid I've long since moved past this save file - faced the 5fps situation and had to start over. 

But this is the exact scenario for the bug- 

1. the entry for the stable room will be from top, where dupes enter in exosuits

the ranch is for phosporite - drekos will be in a stable with balm lily flowers in a chlorine atmosphere. The room size will be around 72 tiles.

2. Have the grooming station in the location where the critter dropoff is currently seen in the attached picture. One farm tile would be occupied by the station. The 2 sets of plastic tiles and one column of fire pole will still be there.

3. Bring in dreckos/add them from sandbox.

4. Let the grooming happen for 100+ cycles (not sure if this is required to be done this long for the bug to surface)

5. On one fine cycle, deconstruct the grooming station and replace it with a critter dropoff (there was a critter dropoff in the middle of that 72 tile room, which was removed and newly constructed at the location seen in the pic). The important thing is to make the room open now - so they'll not be classified as a room anymore, but will have critter dropoff nevertheless.

You'll find that the dupes will repeatedly try to ranch critters, but will not be able to do so and will be stuck in a loop every cycle

I actually had 3 rows of such stations cascaded one below the other - so if you look closely at the top of the screenshot, you'll find Ellie and Camillie also trying to groom critters and are stuck in the loop (along with 2 others on the row above, but not seen here). Moreover, when removing the tiles to make it 'not a room', the whole area would have been still enclosed with insulated tiles with door at the top center.

Edited by ArunPrasath

Share this comment