Dupe has infinite breath.

cenouro
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Linux Pending

One dupe seems to have infinite breath on CO2.

Harold goes to dig to the right of my base (first he goes down, then finds his way). On his way through the CO2, he starts losing breath. Getting there, he goes back to catch more breath, then he goes again. The second time he goes there, his breath meter never drops, and has the "buff" Breathing always on.

Another digger, named Nikola, does not seem to have this infinite breath.

breath_bug.sav

Player.log

Steps to Reproduce
Load the save; Harold will try to go there on cycle 12, but he will go back to the base; On cycle 13, he attempts to go to the dig site; He will go back to catch his breath, then he is always breathing, even on CO2.

User Feedback

I have encountered the same bug as well.  Seems to be triggered randomly as far as I can tell.  Can happen in any unbreathable environment.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, Lali-Lop said:

I have encountered the same bug as well.  Seems to be triggered randomly as far as I can tell.  Can happen in any unbreathable environment.

Do you know if this bug has already been reported?

By the way, I have not done further testing, but since Harold catches his breath on a very small pocket of oxygen (maybe 50g or less), maybe it is being triggered by some kind of underflow on the game calculations. This could explain why he actually runs out of breath in the first place on his first attempt to get to the destination.

Edited by cenouro

Share this comment

Got the same for food in my ravanging hunger base.

=> My duplicant shows +30kcal eating if I highlight the maxed 4000kcal stat.

(Started a death spirale, because he didn´t eat/used the great hall so he got sad and started using the massage clinic.

With a decent morale deficit, my duplicant got a +50% stress buff and the +20% fatalistic buff.

He was in a massage clinic and got a friend visiting once in a while for an additional 5% stress relief and was still gaining stress.

=> He skipped the recreation time to stay on the massage table to get even more stressed ...)

Share this comment