Drecko Pathing Issues

crypticorb
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Fixed

It would seem that dreckos are not restricted by doors, open or closed. They can path through a mechanized/manual airlock as duplicants pass through it, making easy escapes from enclosures. They are also completely unhindered by pneumatic doors, and can climb across, up, or through them, open or closed. The only door arrangement that can prevent them from escaping is two pneumatic doors in an open state placed end-to-end.

The only method I've found to restrict these ugly little goat-lizards is by placing them on an island, with access only by ladders.

A separate issue I've discovered is a pathing bug that allows something of a one-way capture. Something about the arrangement of tiles in the picture below allows dreckos to path onto the island, but not off of it. This may be a glitch in how they move, or may be intended behavior.

9999999999999.thumb.png.71c75abadc76623d47a77172b7d9120a.png

Steps to Reproduce
Attempt to enclose dreckos in an area with duplicant traffic through mech/manual airlocks, observe them escaping.

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Hi @crypticorb,

Thanks for the reports!

All critters can pass through doors that are opened by dupes, this is currently working as intended. But they shouldn't be able to pass through closed doors.

With a quick test I wasn't able to reproduce Dreckos going through closed doors. If you could provide a save file that reproduces this issue that would be great.

Share this comment