DLC Broke The Game Completely

Elariel
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Hey,

after buying and instaling the new Dlc, my game keeps crashing and i'm gettingt the same crashreport i will post in here aswell further below.

It doesn't matter if i start the game with the dlc installed or not, i'll keep getting the same crash everytime.

things i tried so far:

I uninstalled steam completely. Deleted every remaining folder and save files making sure nothing remains.

Uninstalled and installed ONI and the Dlc multiple times, got rid of every folder on my hard drive that was somewhat linked with klei, oni or any remaining mods or savefiles.

And several other suggestions from users, for example verifiying the game files after deleting the streaming apps folder inside the oni game files, updating my gpu drivers etc. pp.

I'm totally lost as i have never experienced something like that before, especially because my game worked perfectly fine before i bought the dlc.

Here is the crash report :

NullReferenceException: Object reference not set to an instance of an object

KModalScreen.OnCmpDisable () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ui/KModalScreen.cs:77)
KMonoBehaviour.OnDisable () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:197)
UnityEngine.GameObject:SetActive(Boolean)
ConfirmDialogScreen:OnPrefabInit() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/ui/ConfirmDialogScreen.cs:25)
KMonoBehaviour:InitializeComponent() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:132)
KMonoBehaviour:Awake() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/KMonoBehaviour.cs:44)
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject, Transform, Boolean)
Util:KInstantiateUI(GameObject, GameObject, Boolean) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/Util.cs:280)
Util:KInstantiateUI(GameObject, GameObject, Boolean) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/Util.cs:264)
InitializeCheck:ShowErrorDialog(String) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/InitializeCheck.cs:65)
InitializeCheck:ShowFileErrorDialogs() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/InitializeCheck.cs:90)
InitializeCheck:Awake() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/InitializeCheck.cs:51)
UnityEngine.Object:Instantiate(GameObject, Vector3, Quaternion, Transform)
Util:KInstantiate(GameObject, Vector3, Quaternion, GameObject, String, Boolean, Int32) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/Util.cs:226)
Util:KInstantiate(GameObject, GameObject, String) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/Util.cs:198)
LaunchInitializer:Update() (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/SimGame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/LaunchInitializer.cs:58)

Steps to Reproduce

Starting the game.

User Feedback

Thanks! As you can see in the log, the origin of the issue seems to be a problem with access permissions.

failed to write C:\Users\Nils\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\test: Access to the path "C:\Users\Nils\Documents\Klei\OxygenNotIncluded\test" is denied.

I'm unfortunately not sure what changed for your situation on the latest version,
I'd try investigate that first, as it's having trouble accessing the file system which is the root cause.

Try moving (not deleting) your Klei folder as a test, checking Windows access permissions, sometimes antivirus can get in the way, even OneDrive can cause problems with access. There's many potential causes but hopefully easy enough to figure out what's causing it.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

Ok so i made an exception for antivirus, nothing changed. When im moving the folder, Oni just makes a new one in the same directory.

But i came across another strange incident. When im trying to launch the game directly via the .exe i get the error message that another instance is already running, which is obviously not the case. Doesn't matter if i choose as admin or not.

Share this comment