Disk Write Error

kirkmagne
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Downloaded "A Breath Of Fresh Air", played a bit, alt tabbed and saw the hotfix, quit the game, downloaded the hotfix and then it got stuck at "Download Paused/Update Required" so I cannot start the game anymore.

Tried restarting Steam, that doesn't fix it, tried restarting the PC, that fixes it, but restarting the PC every time to fix ONI seems... excessive.

It seems to be the .exe.failing to download for some reason. Probably access permissions. 

Tried uninstalling and reinstalling and it gets stuck like in the attached screenshot.

Install location is an SSD with 100 GB left. Tried the same steps with Factorio (random small game example) and it works. Validating files from Steam doesn't work. Might be an Avast Antivirus issue, no idea. 

No mods ever used.

2290 hours played. No such issues so far.

Bug.png

Steps to Reproduce

Install ONI. It might work the first time. Quit game, restart game.

Bug.png

User Feedback

This sounds like it could be an issue with your antivirus software as the downloading process is handled by Steam and not us. I've seen a few reports that could indicate this is the case. Could you check your Avast and Windows Defender logs and let us know? Thanks!

Share this comment

Couldn't find the logs, but I turned off Avast's Silent Mode. 

Restarted PC, ONI worked, quit and the attached screenshot happened.

I... uh... hope it's a false positive. Avast tends to do such things with new patches in games.

Added it to the exception list and seems to work fine now.

Just let 'em know your .exe is not a virus.

Thank you for the reply and have a nice day.

Bug3.png

Oh and feel free to delete this thread if you want. 

I'd do it, but it seems rude of me, now that the issue is fixed.

• Like 1

Share this comment

It's definitely helpful to keep reports like this around if others encounter a similar issue. I've reported the false positive to Avast.

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

Hi I'm having this same issue, I don't use Avast, I have AVG installed but it doesn't seem to be the issue for me, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing ONI, restarting my pc, steam, changing steam settings, but I think the issue is with the game itself as all my other games in the library I am able to install and play without issue, only ONI after this update

Share this comment

5 hours ago, PlanetNj said:

Hi I'm having this same issue, I don't use Avast, I have AVG installed but it doesn't seem to be the issue for me, I've tried uninstalling and re-installing ONI, restarting my pc, steam, changing steam settings, but I think the issue is with the game itself as all my other games in the library I am able to install and play without issue, only ONI after this update

Do you own Spaced Out? If so, could you right click on ONI in Steam -> Properties -> DLC and see if there's a checkmark beside it.

What does your install directory look like? Here's mine for comparison.image.png

Check AVG's quarantine to see if OxygenNotIncluded.exe is there. According to this post AVG also exhibits the same behavior as Avast.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

it do-sent matter if you have avast or not, make sure that your antivirus software not block your game. i have Comodo and i saw that when i run game,

it try run Game in virtual mode what makes game not run at all.

what i needed todo was unblock the game.

PlanetNj. if you not have that issue, you should post your bug separately

Edited by gabberworld

Share this comment