Developer Console Flashing in game

heckubis
  • Branch: Live Branch Pending

284B8BBB8E2580800A193083A1DC3D070AA12659

I think It may have something to do with the volume of gas in my co2 condenser . The attached save is this shot here and should start to liquefy shortly. the switch on the right near the NG Gennys will pump out the remaining gasses in the swamp.

1540k co2 at almost liquid.sav

Steps to Reproduce
start the save will load in the right area to see the high volume co2 and ng

User Feedback

finally caught it 92F9DC963CFCFEDFD9AC73FE1F4DE53D49E44777 

39 minutes ago, Risu said:

Something has absolute zero temperature.

is probably right but he mite be left. will finish getting this liquid and see if it clears up

Share this comment

I just finished posting about this issue in the steam discussions, I narrowed down the bug to an issue with chain mechanized airlocks causing temperature drops to below -260c and its interaction with some gasses, CO2 in my case causes the game to insta crash.

From what I tested you need two doors side by side in a high traffic area to start causing -90c temps and 3 doors will start causing -260c or lower in random spikes.

I hope this helps narrow down your issue.

Share this comment

3 hours ago, CoolNitro said:

I just finished posting about this issue in the steam discussions, I narrowed down the bug to an issue with chain mechanized airlocks causing temperature drops to below -260c and its interaction with some gasses, CO2 in my case causes the game to insta crash.

From what I tested you need two doors side by side in a high traffic area to start causing -90c temps and 3 doors will start causing -260c or lower in random spikes.

I hope this helps narrow down your issue.

the only cluster doors like how you mention are in the shot and are defiantly in the temp of the system I have there so I don't think the doors bug is the issue.

I'm thinking its the thermal math happening with the liquid co2 and how I'm keeping it cool after I'm liquefying it. the abysalt insulated tiles are preventing the co2 from changing temp. I am using a gravity well to keep the liquid cold the well itself is only preventing temp loss/gain and the state of the co2 is enforcing the temp

Share this comment

58 minutes ago, heckubis said:

the only cluster doors like how you mention are in the shot and are defiantly in the temp of the system I have there so I don't think the doors bug is the issue.

I'm thinking its the thermal math happening with the liquid co2 and how I'm keeping it cool after I'm liquefying it. the abysalt insulated tiles are preventing the co2 from changing temp. I am using a gravity well to keep the liquid cold the well itself is only preventing temp loss/gain and the state of the co2 is enforcing the temp

From your screenshot the area around those doors is supposed to be cold so its harder to notice a single instant of absolute zero temperature as a dup walks past, so just to rule it out keep watch on the doors for spikes during use, usually the middle one. 

To be honest, although the doors creating such low temperatures is an issue, I think the invalid temperature warning and crashes in my case have been caused by state changes with co2 being the common factor.

Share this comment