Debug Mode and Fog of War

invaderhaywire
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Pending

Not sure how I am reproducing this, but it seems like the second time I hit BACKSPACE to activate the debug/pain palette mode, Fog of War goes away when the paint palettes are displayed and then on when the paint palettes are not displayed. This will continue until I close and restart the game.

Anyone else seeing this?

Steps to Reproduce
I believe this is the steps to reproduce: Open ONI Resume Game Backspace (to activate Debug) Esc Select Load from the Menu Load a previously Saved Game Saved Game loads with debug mode off and Fog of War is now Off? I can see the whole map. Hit Backspace -> Debug Mode comes on, Fog of War is now On? I can see only that which was revealed.

User Feedback

If you quit to main menu and start a new game or load or directly load a game while fog of war is disabled it will be reversed when the new game loads.

Also note debug mode is not an official feature so usually they close or ignore bug reports related debug mode.

Share this comment

Thanks for the info. I was actually trying to figure out what was causing this. Thought I hit a key command. To bad it's not a normal feature, because it's quite useful when your trying to make different kinds of maps. My kids want the game, but told me to hold off till the next update. For some reason, their worried the debug mode will get removed by next update, and its the designing features their actually interested in. Me, I just like designing mods tearing apart programs like this just to see how they tick. I can understand their concern though. Bought them a multiplayer title that had this great mapping program in it. Then bought it to have it updated and the mapping program, and all its features were gone. Turned out, it was a debug feature they removed. Funny, this will be the first time I shell out over $50 for more licenses when its not multiplayer, and after playing this for several days, understand why it was never put in. The CPU usage alone, just to handle a set of duplicates for 4 people would require a commercial server with all the options the game has, and most servers just handle the data, the game client is what does everything, so this game and code is very impressive, at least to me it is. Awesome job! 

Share this comment

I can confirm the steps:

Load map -> Debug toogle: FOW goes away (you can see everything) -> Load any game -> map still revealed

Share this comment