Death timer of cured patient keeps running in the background

blash365
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

One of my slimelung patients shows strange signs of fallback. After being cured the timer suddenly appears back again and the dupe dies 30 seconds later.

It was reproducable with my savegame.

buggedari.sav

Steps to Reproduce
* load savegame * watch ari (treatment received, cured in 2.x cycles) * a few minutes after loading the dupe will suddently revert to being fatally i ll and drop dead 30 seconds later

User Feedback

because treatment doesn't cure them instantly, duration of treament is 2.2 cycles, you don't have enough time to save this dupe, would have to go back 4 or 5 cycles and start treament then..... too late to try to save them when they are dieing.

Edited by Kabrute

Share this comment

@Kabrute: If i recall correctly, i payed close attention to their death timer and didnt let their "fatal if untreated in .." drop under the "duration remaining ..." threshold. Certainly not by 2 entire cycles.

Update: ok, i recalled incorrectly. I went back ~2 cycles and the dupe was on 1,3 til fatal/4.0 remaining. So your theory seems to be correct that the death timer is still running in the background.

I always assumed that the death timer is STOPPED upon treatment. Which is kind of what the ui is telling us.

In any case - if the tooltip is simply hiding the information that the dupe is dying and instead gives information about the dupe being cured - it is highly misleading.

Edited by blash365
  • Thanks 1

Share this comment

Ok, i have tinkered around a bit and managed to cure ari within 28 seconds. Afterwards his tooltip reads:

"Received medical care

Duration remaining: 1.8 cycles"

Ari did not die in the next 2 seconds, so the death timer does not continue progressing in the background. HOWEVER not a full cycle later the same thing happened again! Ari is fatally ill again. And now his remaining lifetime is 2 seconds.

I dont think i can repeat the healing procedure within 2 seconds. Please fix this issue. It is rather untransparent when my patients are healed for good and when they are terminally ill.

Share this comment