Dark Gas Backgrounds

spiffyzha
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: OSX Fixed

The gas textures look "dark" rather than "light".  I don't quite know how else to describe this.  The best description is probably a picture.  I actually initially assumed this was a new feature, because it actually looks pretty cool.  Unfortunately, it makes carbon dioxide basically invisible, so it's not really playable this way. 

ONI_DarkBackground.png

OxygenNotIncluded_TransparentGases.png

Steps to Reproduce

Start application.  Create a new world and start playing, or continue playing an old one.

For context, this bug is present in the "live" version of the game, and it's been there ever since that one update that had so many bugs that "public_previous_version" was made widely available to people.  (At the time, I figured you all had more important bugs to deal with...)  The problem is not present when I run "public_previous_version", and games saved/created in the live branch look fine when I play them with "public_previous_version".  Similarly, games created in "public_previous_version" still take on the "dark background" look when I play them using the live branch.

(Of course, "public_previous_version" is already an excellent, well-balanced game that I keep coming back to, but I imagine at some point it'll go away.  Plus, I want to play the expansion eventually.)

System Specs:

MacOS Mojave (10.14.3)

Macbook Pro (Retina, 15-inch, Mid 2015)

Processor:  2.8 GHz Intel Core i7

Memory:  16 GB 1600 MHz DDR3

Graphics:  Intel Iris Pro 1536 MB

User Feedback

A developer has marked this issue as fixed. This means that the issue has been addressed in the current development build and will likely be in the next update.

Thanks!  I didn't really know what to search the forum for, so this is very helpful.  This (mostly) fixes the immediate problem of dark gas textures (it still happens right when I create a new world, but it goes back to the normal light colors when I restart). 

Sadly, this workaround seems to also really kill the game's performance, which I guess is a known issue.  All my clicks feel slow, even from the menu screens before a world is loaded.  :(

I guess I'll stick with the old version a while longer. 

Share this comment

Changed Status to Fixed

Fixed in the upcoming Fast Friends update. Remember to remove the -force-glcore launch flag. 

• Thanks 1

Share this comment