Crude Oil Produced From Leaky Oil Fissure Always Jumping Up and Down to Ceiling

Calvin Valerian
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

User Feedback

It's not really a bug. It's just that the crude oil is generated at the center left upper tile. And when there is a roof, the liquid that is there will look like a full tile (just so in most situations it looks neat to the eye of the player even if it is not a totally filled tile).

So the crude oil appears there, renders like a full tile but drop to the tile under it almost instantly. You could avoid that flashing rendering a bit by digging one more row at the top of the room.

Share this comment

Doesn't it not look like a bug if it's happening in real life? :lol:

It looks more like a bug to me.

Not only it never stops jumping up and down, it had hurt my 2 Tenured Scientist dupes very badly and very very quickly as shown in the video.

Edited by Calvin Valerian

Share this comment

6 hours ago, Calvin Valerian said:

Doesn't it not look like a bug if it's happening in real life? :lol:

It looks more like a bug to me.

Not only it never stops jumping up and down, it had hurt my 2 Tenured Scientist dupes very badly and very very quickly as shown in the video.

In real life yes but in a game not so much. It seems odd because it's a 2D game. But the crude oil coming from the top of the geyser is... pretty normal to me ^^

The fact that your 2 tenured scientists are hurt is not because of the crude oil jumping up and down. It's because the crude oil is at 300°C. So it burns them.You should have a notification that is indicating "scalding" when they are hurt.

Share this comment