Critter incubator not seeming to transfer heat to blocks it is built on.

oconzer
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Ok, so I've got an incubator built on top of some steel airflow tiles built in an area around a chlorine geyser for my squeaky puft pen. My issue is that the incubator doesn't seem to be transferring any heat to the blocks it is sitting on, and continues to get hotter while the blocks it is sitting on don't seem to change in temperature.

I know that chlorine isn't a good conductor of heat (normally not a problem when there is enough when the geyser is running, but its and issue when its dormant), but the steel airflow tiles should be warming up at about the same rate as the incubator.

Steps to Reproduce
Build a incubator inside chlorine on top of steel airflow tiles and run the incubator and observe the airflow tiles temperature not changing much if at all.

User Feedback

Most of the buildings wont conduct heat to floor tiles, but only to a medium (gas, liquid). If your chlorine is low in density, it will just stop transfering heat. You´ll have to either shut down the incubater, if the density is too low, or provide more gas, from somewhere else.

Share this comment

1 hour ago, SharraShimada said:

Most of the buildings wont conduct heat to floor tiles, but only to a medium (gas, liquid). If your chlorine is low in density, it will just stop transfering heat. You´ll have to either shut down the incubater, if the density is too low, or provide more gas, from somewhere else.

I don't understand why all buildings don't transfer to the floor they are built on. Are they some how not physically touching the floor, or do the dupes build a perfect layer of insulation between each building and floor??? I mean I generally presume based off how the artwork of each building in this game that if it should conduct heat to the ground or not (based on if it looks to be built on legs or something that suspends it in the air), but this doesn't seem to apply logically (water sieves conduct heat to the ground but are built suspended on legs, incubator is on a base touching the floor but doesn't)

It just seems very inconsistent.

Edited by oconzer

Share this comment