Critter feeder not working right

Mrfreak024
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

No matter what I do i can not get it to just stay on Hatch. It always changes back to this setting. This is the only feeder in my whole base. All my dupes will put all the food in there and then starve to death due to this. I had 31k in food then out of nowhere they were starving and dying on me, please fix. I have tried to reload the whole game, that did not fix it.

Edit: I have uploaded my save file so it can be looked at. I have included what the whole list looks like for the feeder and what the list looks like on my egg cracker. As you can see the feeder has a larger list then the cracker and is listing critters that i have yet to even find but the cracker is showing only what i have seen so far.

20180907194802_1.jpg

Super Duper Brigade Cycle 47.sav

20180908103719_1.jpg

20180908103741_1.jpg

20180908103744_1.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
I do not know what steps were done to cause this. All I did was make my first stable room so i could start feeding dupes omelettes.

User Feedback

Try expanding the category you want enabled by clicking the arrow. Hatches and some other creatures eat dupe food, so if you just click the checkbox for the critter in question, they'll eat everything including all your food.

You probably want to only enable specific things to place in the feeder. There are definitely issues with how this list works that should be improved, sorry for the confusion.

image.png

• Thanks 2

Share this comment

share save please, easier to debug with bug in hand

Also that was a dev telling you the most common cause of users experiencing a problem similar to yours

if you check a food item for any critter it selects that food across all critters, as such feeding certain critters everything feeds every critter something

since you say this is not the problem you are experiencing, the fastest way to resolve your issue will be with a save file.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment

step one, uncheck Hatch
image.thumb.png.5e276c0f51cd6a11a6f38c59c018961c.png

Step 2, Deselect critter feeder so that it resets
image.thumb.png.9390ee6e308f5f4895974aabe18b0d32.png

Step 3, listen to the developer
image.thumb.png.8ab25a8cc7abcc71cb9f8968a31dd4ee.png

open the submenu and select 1 single item (Clay is a perfect choice here)
image.thumb.png.e6083bdd44e50a73ce9494b0a0c094cd.png

Notice on closing and reopening the critter feeder that more animals got selected
image.thumb.png.7dcb5aa4a38c87428f28cbfd3849be96.png

Thats because they ALSO eat clay, think of it like a farm trough, it doesn't matter who the food is for, whoever can eat it will come up and eat it.
Hatches eat almost everything so if you just choose hatch it chooses food that pretty much every other critter can eat as well.
That includes dupe food as pointed out by the devs, which is clearly loaded in your critter feeder.  In so far as I can find this is all as intended.  Please follow these steps @Mrfreak024

If you do not get the same results by limiting to clay that I have shown then indeed you have a bug.  If your results match my own then please reply with "Thanks @Brook problem solved please close this" otherwise share your results from repeating these steps so that we can further help fix your issue.

Share this comment

OMG really.......... I have already tried all that i have been playing this game since it has been released, i have 650+ hours logged into this i think know how to play.

By the way @Kabrute you are clearly missing what is wrong. I have already tried all the steps you had said that is why i am posting it as a bug. Stop thinking that i have no clue as to what i am doing.

Reinstalled the game. Its working fine now. It may have been a bad file when updating.

Edited by Mrfreak024

Share this comment

all I did was load your game and go through the steps and they worked fine for me, I was sharing my results.

1 hour ago, Kabrute said:

If you do not get the same results by limiting to clay that I have shown then indeed you have a bug. 

is kind of proof that I have been "listening" from the beginning, since you managed to resolve your issue by doing a fresh install (verifying file integrity was going to be my next suggestion) I'm going to ask @Brookto go ahead and close the report.  Thank you.

Share this comment