Crash to desktop in new test build

Psuemno
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

I've been having periodic crashes playing the test branch. Unfortunately I'm a bit unsure on the exact cause, so I'm hoping that attaching all my files will help you all figure it out. Sometimes it has been a straight crash-to-desktop, and other times I've gotten the "oops-a-daisy" crash screen. 

Below is the crash report from the error window. 

Spoiler

ArgumentOutOfRangeException: Index was out of range. Must be non-negative and less than the size of the collection.
Parameter name: index

System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException (System.ExceptionArgument argument, System.ExceptionResource resource) (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
System.ThrowHelper.ThrowArgumentOutOfRangeException () (at <695d1cc93cca45069c528c15c9fdd749>:0)
RanchStation+Instance.ValidateTargetRanchables () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Buildings/RanchStation.cs:240)
RanchStation+Instance.FindRanchable (System.Object _) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Buildings/RanchStation.cs:249)
RanchStation+<>c.<InitializeStates>b__5_1 (RanchStation+Instance smi, System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Buildings/RanchStation.cs:46)
BucketUpdater`1[DataType].Update (DataType data, System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:96)
UpdateBucketWithUpdater`1[DataType].Update (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:79)
StateMachineUpdater+BucketGroup.AdvanceOneSubTick (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:152)
StateMachineUpdater.AdvanceOneSimSubTick () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/Plugins/Klei/util/StateMachineUpdater.cs:244)
Game.SimEveryTick (System.Single dt) (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1390)
Game.Update () (at C:/jenkins_workspace/workspace/Preview_Simgame_Windows/game/Assets/scripts/game/Game.cs:1366)

Build: U44-534208-S

Steps to Reproduce

Unfortunately I am not certain of the cause. It has been repeatedly occurring, seemingly at random. The error report seems to mention the ranch station, and I do have a lot of ranch stations and shearing stations, so perhaps that's it? 

Attached is the save file.

Shelter.sav

User Feedback

After reading some other posts and doing some light investigation, I think it might be a memory leak. Watching task manager while I play, memory use slowly climbs over time. 

Share this comment

The memory leak during gameplay should be fixed in today's update. It's not clear to me if the ranch station error is related so I'll leave this report open for now.

• Thanks 1

Share this comment