mykelyon
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

The game crashes and I got the black hole window.

I clicked the button to send the crash report, but nothing seemed to happen... the game remained blocked with button saying to wait while report was being sent...

One more problem !

Steps to Reproduce
Don't know, the game crashed while I was taking something behind me. It was running normally, I was 5 seconds focused on a table behind me and when I looked back at the screen, I had the black hole window.

User Feedback

I did a clean reinstall via steam yesterday. I was going to start a new game with no leftover beta/test branch files possible. I deleted also my user files area, so no beta saves to worry about loader/summarizer having issues with. Installed no mods. As pristine a post-release clean start environment as possible.

Started a game last night and it crashed before it could initialize. Today I got the game to initialize, but have had three crashes doing things as trivial as panning the camera on a new pre-cycle 30 colony on the base asteroid.

I waited a looooong time on the send report screens but eventually game up and went to desktop. I see no crash files in any ONI related directories either. So I am worried a fairly simple to trigger crash was introduced, but the game is unable to report it. I also don't seem to be able to replicate it when restarting a crashed game.

Share this comment