Crash on Startup

alemonaide
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Known Issue

Hi, I've been getting crashes on start up for the last 2 releases. Still crashing. Attached the crash report. Hope it gets fixed soon. Looking forward to more play time. I have uninstalled and renstalled and this has happened on both of my laptops. Just got a new one. Both are above min requirements and are gaming laptops running windows 10..

Thanks!

2017-10-28_224356.zip

Steps to Reproduce
Click Play to open from Steam and immediately get error saying to send the attached crash report.

User Feedback

So far everyone I remembered having that error message has a problem with their steam installation and reinstalling steam worked. It is very unlikely that both laptops are having the same issue but not impossible so please upload the logs from both laptops and clearly label them as such just incase the other one is having a different problem.

Share this comment

Hi alemonaide, we'll look in to this crash, thanks for reporting it. In the mean time, it seems to be related to your subscribed workshop items on Steam. (This could explain why it's happening on both machines.) Try unsubscribing from everything in the Oxygen Not Included workshop and see if that helps. (If you're not subscribed to anything, try subscribing to one thing and see if that helps!)

Share this comment

So this is still an issue. Was hoping it would be fixed by now. I have tried subscribing and unsubscribing from workshop items like you suggested but that did not work either. If it helps, here is another crash report. One other thing that may be causing it... I use my work computer to play the game so I download my games to an external hard drive and play from there. Could that be it? 

error.log

I tried downloading and playing from my local hard drive as well. Same error. Here is that error log along with all the other logs from the same time. Hope this helps fix it. I miss playing this game :(

workshop_log.txt

appinfo_log.txt

bootstrap_log.txt

configstore_log.txt

cloud_log.txt

content_log.txt

stats_log.txt

Share this comment