Constructing "ghost" behaving unexpectedly concerning rotation

Zarylo
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Steam Known Issue

Constructing a rotateable entity does not work as expected if you change the construction material post rotation.

Instead of the desired orientation you get the default one - Even though the floating construction ghost promises otherwise!

I was having this (annoying) issue for a long time but was never able to reproduce the behaviour. Now that I understand that selecting material causes it I can avoid the nuisance. Apparently I am one of those weird guys that does things in different order than others :D

Encountered last in DEVELOPMENT BUILD OI-236264 (Oil Upgrade)

Steps to Reproduce
- Ascertain that at least two types of construction materials are avaliable (for example Sandstone and Abyssalite, 50 each) - Open construction menu (for example "ventilation") - select any rotation permitting construction (for example "Gas Bridge") - select any Material (for example Sandstone) - Move pointer to the game grid and make note of the floating construction ghost being in default orientation. - Rotate construction into any position not equal to the default orientation (for example one rotation, default hotkey is 'o'). - Note how the floating construction ghost is rotated as expected. - Select a different Construction Material (for example Abyssalite) - Note how the floating construction ghost orientation is unchanged from before material selection. - Place the building anywhere without rotating again. - Note how the placed construction ghost is in default rotation and not the expected rotation indicated by the floating construction ghost.

User Feedback