Constantly restarting the microchip upgrade on Coal Generator

Bibsy
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Build: LU-341503

Description: The dupe keeps resetting every time she tries to upgrade a Coal Generator during the upgrade itself (not only after coming back to avoid suffocating), and enters a prioritised task look (will break with other priorities). Does not crash the game.

Details: Power Plant room with 95 tiles, 17 buildings (ladders, automation and only one generator) and filled with Carbon Dioxide.

Attachment: Power Overlay of an attempt.

Upgrading.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
Unsure. Just built the Power Room and this happened. May be something with the Generator code.

User Feedback

Don't think it's a bug.

The tuning action is like the emptying for a pipe, it's an action that need to be done in one strike.

So, in your case, you should just consider giving an atmosuit to your duplicant, or remove the carbon dioxide from the room. ;)

Share this comment

Maybe I didn't make myself clear.

The action resets (or restarts) itself. Thought this was self-explanatory. The dupe isn't stopping to do something else, she stopped to restart it.

I'll see if it ever happens on the release build, but the devs may want to keep an eye on it.

Share this comment

I'm having the same problem. Power room is filled with oxygen, so the dupes arent suffocating, they just constantly restart the tinkering process after a second or so and never complete it. I've had to turn the priority of the power station to low just to get them to focus on other things or else they waste all their time on it. 

Share this comment

Build LU-372041, still the same bug here. My power room is also filled with oxygen. the engineer dupe JUST constantly restart the tuning(tinkering) process. I really have no idea to workaround this, and AFAIK the bug was just appeared with LU update release.

I think this captured video should be useful to explain the bug.

Maybe I should start another world if this bug has been fixed.

Oxygen Not Included 2019-10-05 22-37-21_1.mp4

Share this comment