Conflicting traits

martosss
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Trying to choose a duplicant .. and getting Gastrophobic(can't cook) + Foodie(Cooking +3) .... so which one is it? Does he like cooking or dislike cooking?

I accept the Food quality perception as a separate trait(foodie, sure), but cooking should be missing from the foodie trait or that trait shouldn't appear together with Gastrophobic. Seing them like that is misleading - I could have chosen Ashkan because he has +4 cooking ... and then surprise - he can't cook! Or at least for a Gastrophobic dude grey-out the cooking skill(same for non-diggers/builders/researchers), so the player can easily see that this activity is not available for that dupe, no matter if it's +4 or -6.

5b68526ea0fbe_traitsmismatch.thumb.png.101ac500168f2087dbff8ea18469c584.png

Steps to Reproduce
Well, it's pretty lucky - rng ... just shuffle duplicants until foodie+gastrophobic appears... and then don't choose that one, since he has a useless positive skill.

User Feedback

This seems to only be an issue with the newer traits. I have never seen a dupe with fast learner and slow learner, so it's probably an oversight.

Share this comment

4 hours ago, Deshiba said:

This seems to only be an issue with the newer traits

no, but there has pretty much ALWAYS been a problem of getting incompatible stats vs traits. gastrophobes with +5 cooking, no-constructive with +6 construction etc etc.

Share this comment

45 minutes ago, thewreckedangle said:

no, but there has pretty much ALWAYS been a problem of getting incompatible stats vs traits. gastrophobes with +5 cooking, no-constructive with +6 construction etc etc.

I agree that it's unproductive to have a 5 cooking gastrophobe, but the OP wasn't talking about skills, just traits.

Share this comment