Conductivity of igneous rock not consistent in conveyor rails

yoakenashi
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Windows Pending

Random containers of the same amount of igneous rock experience different thermal conductivity values, resulting in random containers remaining very hot.

20201114211616_1.thumb.jpg.f08f231cdb0d78ce4042e416d5097bc4.jpg

Save file:

UB_2.sav

Steps to Reproduce

Use a cold gas or liquid to cool hot material in conveyor rails and observe that random containers (of the same mass) cool at different rates. What is even stranger is that the thermal conductivity of an entity in cell (igneous rock in water) is based on the lowest thermal conductivity, which is water at 0.609 kDTU/(g C).

Unfortunately the bug does not appear in the save file and thermal conductivity behaves normally after a reload.

User Feedback

Sounds like the partial removal debris bug. See here:

Usually the packet having an unusual mass shows it is the last packet and bugged out. But if you started with a full loader then the last packet would be 20kg.

The bigger visual size of the packet is also a sign of the bug. I presume you're mousing over the isolated packet below the thermo sensor. See how it looks bigger than the others.

Edited by wachunga
  • Sad Dupe 1

Share this comment

4 hours ago, wachunga said:

Usually the packet having an unusual mass shows it is the last packet and bugged out. But if you started with a full loader then the last packet would be 20kg.

The bigger visual size of the packet is also a sign of the bug. I presume you're mousing over the isolated packet below the thermo sensor. See how it looks bigger than the others.

Yes, the last packet is larger.

This explanation also makes sense why my quick calculation showed the SHC to be off by a multiple of 50. A conveyor loader can hold 1000kg, 50 times that of a conveyor rail, 20kg. So the game thinks that last packet is larger internally and loses heat slower.

Thanks for pointing this out. I’m really tired of these bugs and sad to see it has been here for four months.

Share this comment