Comet bugs

Misca
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Not sure if anyone actually looks at these bug reports since my last one is still pending after over a month, but what the hell, here's one more from my long list of bugs for you:

Let's forget the fact that in all likelihood a comet should be near absolute zero (even Wiki defines a comet as "an icy small Solar System body"), and just go with what you have chosen.  As the rock comet approaches, you can see in the first picture that it is 163.8F.  However, just a split second later, when it impacts, the temperature of the regolith it leaves behind is 621.4F (second picture).  Are we to believe that this is due to the impact?  Surely, it's not being heated in the atmosphere that doesn't exist.  This, of course, cooks everything on the surface and slowly, everything below the surface.  And since you can't tell a duplicant where to get materials from, they regularly go to the surface to pick up 600+F iron mixed in with the regolith, causing all sorts of problems, like the constantly overheating transformer feeding my bunker doors that they keep repairing with 600+F iron... 

And while on the subject of regolith, I think you went just a little overboard here.  As seen in the first image, I now have over 82,000 tonnes of it laying around - and that doesn't even count everything that is unreachable at the moment!

Another comet related bug is the damage it does.  A bunker tile is suppose to protect against comets, however both the rock comet and the iron comet will do damage to the row below a bunker tile.  Additionally, tonnes of regolith will sometimes magically pass through the bunker tile and land in the area below (see thrid picture).  We've all seen the inside of the Gravitas office (image 4 after much digging).  How does that continue to fill up with regolith and iron?

RockComet temp much lower than Regolith left behind.jpg

RockComet temp much lower than Regolith left behind2.jpg

Regolith passing through bunker tile.jpg

Regolith passing through bunker tile2.jpg

Regolith in Gravitas offices.jpg

Steps to Reproduce
none needed
  • Like 1

User Feedback

I can confirm that both the rows under bunker tiles get hurt and regolith passes into the office. I don't think that second one should happen although maybe the first one is okay since the shockwave travels and does damage within the structure?

Regarding the temperature I understand your frustration, but such an impact would generate a lot of heat, so there is my 5 cents.

Share this comment

I sure would love for someone to explain how this keeps happening....

Notice that the 2 tiles of regolith that magically appeared between the bunker tile and insulated tile in the picture above is gone?  I cleaned that up a while ago, and now look...  Nothing in there now, but 4 tiles of regolith magically passed through both the bunker tile and the insulated tile, and you can see it didn't even damage the insulated tile.  Of course that would be a lot easier to see if you would fix the bug that broke the "heath" bars for objects.

Regolith passing through bunker tile3.jpg

Edited by Misca

Share this comment