Colonist stucking bug

Nativel
  • Branch: Preview Branch Version: Steam Pending

Hello! o/

Colonists stuck for entire day when they need to eat but the food is unreachable by my permissions on cloak sensor with is open feeding room at the morning.

You have to fix stuck of colonists when they can't reach food, so they have to continue do tasks when they can't reach the food.

Here is the video:

Bug11.sav

Steps to Reproduce
Build some food box or refrigirator in a room with have limited accsess, place all food up there, and watch when some colonists decided to go eat, they will stop doing any thing untill you'll let them go inside the room where food is storing.

User Feedback

You can adjust their individual food limits with rationing instead of using doors.  Ration them to 0kcal they will go back to work.

Share this comment

8 hours ago, Kabrute said:

You can adjust their individual food limits with rationing instead of using doors.  Ration them to 0kcal they will go back to work.

So after that they will die, or I have to concentrate on this ration changes every day, c'mon man I have to concentrate on base constraction and search for new gaisers instead of set up tier food limits every day. It's a automation we have it so it have to wrok for us.

Share this comment

So turn off all work during eating time?  your trying to force all of your duplicants onto a schedule but they don't seem to want to be on that schedule.  Not a bug, expression of free will in a game?  Your system isn't working because dupes don't eat a days worth of food once per day the same time every day.

I do love the idea though, it would be awesome if they didn't break up their days to return to eat

set other door to lock, it is pathing as potential access because door isn't automated locked, set both doors to automation

or replace one door with wall and have other door on automation.

Share this comment

Figured out a "fix", as your second door is the "exit" stick some floor button sensors in the room tied to right hand door.  Door is only unlocked if someone is in room.  I would put a 1 second buffer gate on the door to keep it open just long enough to get out.

Share this comment

image.thumb.png.f709772ec3c4d88040a93d78ad2980ed.png

am building second door on right, 1 door acts as dupe blocker, second door acts as 1way, this way even if someone in room noone back tracks in through exit.  Takes 3 total doors to do the job.  Developer say they fixed this in next update.

This way would work for your food room as well.

I am thinking of getting rid of those green lit blocks that way shower time doesn't hold the door open.  If you keep assigned tables outside your food room dupes should never stop in there to eat.

so yeah, you need an extra door and some ground sensors :)

image.thumb.png.450de49e2ab5ef5098b30bf14fc6aed9.png

Bug11.sav

Like that

cover whole floor so you never have to micro manage

Share this comment

The problem is as you alredy know the second door is open for dupe who making food. But I know how to fix it too now. ty for tips.

But really this is should be fixed, so I'll keep this thread open.

Share this comment