Clicking The New Printables Notification Automatically Centers You Over The Printing Pod

helium3
  • Branch: Live Branch Version: Windows Pending

Not sure if this change is intentional but I would consider this a bug. I first saw it in the Spaced Out DLC and now it's been merged down to the base game. It's horrendous behavior. If I'm working on a section of my colony I don't want to be dragged away from what I'm focusing on just because I want to check and see what's available in the printing pod. If this change is intentional, why? Makes absolutely no sense other than as behavior for new players that don't know they need to interact with the printing pod in order to see what's available to print. Please change this behavior back to what it was before the merge down.

Steps to Reproduce

1. See the "New Printables Available" notification in the upper left.

2. Click the notification.

3. Be forcibly yanked away from whatever I was doing and dragged over to the printing pod.

4. Grumble in irritation at having to navigate back over to whatever it was I was looking at.

• Like 1

User Feedback

It makes sense in DLC when there are 3 different printing pods in different asteroids and you can accidentally print a dupe in the wrong one. But it doesn't makes much sense for the base game...

• Like 1

Share this comment